Post your fleet, roster, whatever you wanna call it

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

RailroadJeep

2711 & 2189 L-NWE8621
Don't have all the pics together just yet, but this is my fleet so far for my outdoor Rhatische Bahn layout.

Electrics:
Ge 4/4 III 647 Grusch "Capito"
Ge 4/4 II 621 Felsburg
Ge 4/4 II 622 Arosa
Ge 6/6 413 aka a Crocodile

Steam:
G 3/4 11 Heidi

Diesel:
Gm 4/4 241
Tm 2/2 21

By the time the layout is done, I'll have aquire a few more e-loks: Ge 4/4 III 641 Maienfeld "COOP" and Ge 4/4 II 618 Bergun, and the Brawa model of the G 4/5 #108. And a few more of the Tm 2/2 shunting engines for the various station's on the layout.

I also have a Furka Oberalp Tm 2/2 to represent the FO at the interchange station. And a MOB Ge 4/4 III and a Zillertal Railway U class steamer cause the prices were right amd they looked good. :p

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Now the work horses

GP 18 4700, GP9 5967 and RS18 3675

There are a bunch of steamers in a drawer along with an assortment of Bachmanns ect then the last well they're still in the boxes :D

SuperbirdVHble

Well, it just happens that a few days ago I took all my Bessemer & Lake Erie road power out to see if it would all fit in my proposed ready tracks plan. They all fit, now I just gotta tear all that crap track up and put good track in properly...
866ready.jpg

SD38AC 866
878_909GV.jpg

SD38-2 878 and SD40T-3 909
Bessemer862.jpg

SD38 862 (ex-DMIR 225, nee B&LE 862)
HO867.jpg

SD38AC 867 with 909 and 878 in the background.
poweratGV.jpg

South yard funnel.
powerGV4.jpg

SD38-2 873 and SD18 854.
Tmotos2.jpg

SD40T-3s 905 and 904.
shopsoverview.jpg

The "Big Picture"

More to come, including a lot of Erie Lackawanna!!

Have a great week everyone!!!,
-Bob at GV

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
SuperbirdVHble said:
shopsoverview.jpg

The "Big Picture"

More to come, including a lot of Erie Lackawanna!!

Have a great week everyone!!!,
-Bob at GV
Gotta hope that round house isn't going to be permently set like that!

SuperbirdVHble

jbaakko said:
Gotta hope that round house isn't going to be permently set like that!

You know that thing has been the biggest pain in my arse since I bought it! Since I am modeling the "modern" era and they don't use the roundhouse for anything these days it's only on the layout for reason: The thing is the most well known building that is at the B&LE shops to this day. (the real one has 17 stalls and it's still standing today!!) I was thinking about making an out of propotional pit/turntable just to represent it. Obviously there is not enough room for a working turntable and due to the space I need to store all the locomotives on the ready tracks and in the shop behind the roundhouse, there isn't much I can do except fake it!
Have a great week!!,
-Bob at GV
Here is a pic of the real thing. The shame in it all is I am told that Canadian National is looking to demolish the building if possible...
mso3DA7D.jpg

Steve B

Firefighter
I'll give it a try but i'v not been in the drawers for 8 months during the extension turmoil.

Here we go

1. BN GP38-2 x two
2. BN GP40-2 x one
3. CR SD40-2 x one
4. RG SD40T-2 x one
5. SP SD40T-2 X one
6. BN GP20 x one
7. BN NW2 x one
8. UP & BN SW15 x two
9. ATSF SD45 x one
10. ATSF F40 x one
11. SF C44-9 x one
12. Amtrak F40PH x one
13. Amtrak AMD 103 x one
14. Oakway SD60 x two
15. NS SD60 x one

there are all manner of freight trucks except tankers which will change soon and five Superliners for the Amtrak trains

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyWS

AndyWS said:
Dsc00210.png

Type: EMD GP9
Make: Walther's
Road Name: Wisconsin & Southern
Road Number: 4494
Description: This model joined the roster in 1998 or 1999, and has the distinction of being our only model locomotive for which I have actually seen its prototype in operation. It is also unique in being the only one of our four GP9s with a low front hood for better visibility.

wp-wsor.jpg

wsor4494.jpg

I have confirmation from fellow WSOR fans that #4494 has been scrapped, despite having been in operation as recently as 2002.

MLW

Holly! You guys have a huge roster. Wow!:eek:

I’m pretty slow at increasing mine, but here goes anyways:

*MLW RS-18 CN
*MLW RS-18 CN (with sound)
*MLW S-3 CN
*MLW FA-1 CN
*Alco / MLW C424 CN
*F-M C-Liner CN

*Alco RS-3 SL&C
*EMD FT SL&C (in shop)
*BALDWIN SL&C (scrapped)

HaggisKennedy

Coal Shoveler
Well, here are a few of mine. I'm lazy, so I just took the Alaska RR scheme and painted out the logos. Haven't put on my own reporting marks/logo yet, because I haven't decided on one. Three GP38-2s and a GP-40.

The other two are true leasers, the HLCX is a C30-7 which is standing in for an ex-UP C36M. The other one is an Athearn U30B, ex-IC.

I have other locos floating about, but haven't gotten around to either finishing them off, or pulling them out to photograph....

:D

Kennedy

grumpybob

Lake Shore Lines
For my New England Railroad I have the following:

1. E8 B&M
2. E7 B&M x2 1 SOUND
3. GP7 B&M x3 1 SOUND
4. GP9 B&M X1 MEC x2 LAKE SHORE LINES x1
5. GP18 B&M
6. S2 B&M X2
7. NW2 B&M 1 SOUND
8. RS3 B&M X2 CP x1 1 SOUND
9. SW7 B&M
10. F7 Axb B&M x2
11. F3 B&M A & B SOUND
12. BL2 B&M
13. FT B&M

That is the most active of the engines.

Bob A.

BNSF dude

BNSF foamer
Pictures coming later but heres my roster. I thought I had posted it here before... :eek::eek: Hmm
Locomotives
Kato: BNSF AC4400CW 5608 with sound, might get rainman's BNSF SD40-2
Athearn: ATSF PA and PB 75 and 75B
Freight:
Athearn/Roundhouse: BN ACF 4 bay Center Flow grain hopper, CB&Q 50 ft Tankcar (i think 50 ft), UP (even though i hate that railroad) 50 ft boxcar kit (not finished) and following close behind is my BNSF Widevision Caboose
EDIT: Just got a new BN Autorack kit..

Mines a small roster, buts its a powerful one.

P2K Demostrator EMD SD60 #EMD1
P2K Demostrator EMD SD60 #EMD4

And on order,

Tower 55 CP ES44AC (Due in November)
Tower 55 CN SD70M-2 (Due in December)

jasonboche

SuperbirdVHble said:
Well, it just happens that a few days ago I took all my Bessemer & Lake Erie road power out to see if it would all fit in my proposed ready tracks plan. They all fit, now I just gotta tear all that crap track up and put good track in properly...
Bessemer862.jpg

SD38 862 (ex-DMIR 225, nee B&LE 862)

WHAT CROCK OF CRAP IS THIS?!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

How dare you deface a DM&IR locomotive!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SuperbirdVHble

First off, let me state I am a general Transtar fan. (includes B&LE, DM&IR, EJ&E, BS, URR, etc..)
862 wasn't even built as a true DM&IR unit anyway. It was originally B&LE 862, only to be sent to the DMIR in the early 90's and then to be sent BACK to the B&LE in 1999. (5 years before CN was even in power) After all, the DMIR has a patched B&LE unit!! How dare they! :p (SD38AC 869) Since the B&LE and DM&IR were sister roads, I personally am ok with the within-sister-road patching/trading that went on back when they were still under Transtar/Blackstone. The DM&IR, EJ&E, and B&LE all swapped many locomotives when they were still under common ownership and operated as independant railroads and some operated in a patched state for a long time. Anything from Texas Types, F7s, SD9s, RSD-15s, SDMs, SD18s, SD38s, SD38ACs, and SD38-2s were traded amoung these three roads from the 1950's up until the company was split up. In 862's case it is still patched and hopefully will be for a long time, because the next step is either the scrap line or full out CN dress. :(
mso580E4.jpg

As for following in CN's footsteps. Never. Ever. Although nothing has really changed as far as visually here on the B&LE, CN always can make the orange can go away whenever they want. It has already started happening to the DM&IR as you all know... :(
Jezz, I always thought DM&IR and B&LE sort of went hand in hand. Why all the hating guys? :confused:

I always found this forum to be the most civilized, helpful, and encouraging model rr forum out there. I was pretty shocked to get on HERE of all places and find one of my engine's being called a "crock of crap" with no indication of sarcasm either.
Take care,
-Bob

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.