Post your fleet, roster, whatever you wanna call it

Don't have all the pics together just yet, but this is my fleet so far for my outdoor Rhatische Bahn layout.

Electrics:
Ge 4/4 III 647 Grusch "Capito"
Ge 4/4 II 621 Felsburg
Ge 4/4 II 622 Arosa
Ge 6/6 413 aka a Crocodile

Steam:
G 3/4 11 Heidi

Diesel:
Gm 4/4 241
Tm 2/2 21

By the time the layout is done, I'll have aquire a few more e-loks: Ge 4/4 III 641 Maienfeld "COOP" and Ge 4/4 II 618 Bergun, and the Brawa model of the G 4/5 #108. And a few more of the Tm 2/2 shunting engines for the various station's on the layout.

I also have a Furka Oberalp Tm 2/2 to represent the FO at the interchange station. And a MOB Ge 4/4 III and a Zillertal Railway U class steamer cause the prices were right amd they looked good. :p

Now the work horses

GP 18 4700, GP9 5967 and RS18 3675

There are a bunch of steamers in a drawer along with an assortment of Bachmanns ect then the last well they're still in the boxes :D

Well, it just happens that a few days ago I took all my Bessemer & Lake Erie road power out to see if it would all fit in my proposed ready tracks plan. They all fit, now I just gotta tear all that crap track up and put good track in properly...
866ready.jpg

SD38AC 866
878_909GV.jpg

SD38-2 878 and SD40T-3 909
Bessemer862.jpg

SD38 862 (ex-DMIR 225, nee B&LE 862)
HO867.jpg

SD38AC 867 with 909 and 878 in the background.
poweratGV.jpg

South yard funnel.
powerGV4.jpg

SD38-2 873 and SD18 854.
Tmotos2.jpg

SD40T-3s 905 and 904.
shopsoverview.jpg

The "Big Picture"

More to come, including a lot of Erie Lackawanna!!

Have a great week everyone!!!,
-Bob at GV

SuperbirdVHble said:
shopsoverview.jpg

The "Big Picture"

More to come, including a lot of Erie Lackawanna!!

Have a great week everyone!!!,
-Bob at GV
Gotta hope that round house isn't going to be permently set like that!

jbaakko said:
Gotta hope that round house isn't going to be permently set like that!

You know that thing has been the biggest pain in my arse since I bought it! Since I am modeling the "modern" era and they don't use the roundhouse for anything these days it's only on the layout for reason: The thing is the most well known building that is at the B&LE shops to this day. (the real one has 17 stalls and it's still standing today!!) I was thinking about making an out of propotional pit/turntable just to represent it. Obviously there is not enough room for a working turntable and due to the space I need to store all the locomotives on the ready tracks and in the shop behind the roundhouse, there isn't much I can do except fake it!
Have a great week!!,
-Bob at GV
Here is a pic of the real thing. The shame in it all is I am told that Canadian National is looking to demolish the building if possible...
mso3DA7D.jpg

I'll give it a try but i'v not been in the drawers for 8 months during the extension turmoil.

Here we go

1. BN GP38-2 x two
2. BN GP40-2 x one
3. CR SD40-2 x one
4. RG SD40T-2 x one
5. SP SD40T-2 X one
6. BN GP20 x one
7. BN NW2 x one
8. UP & BN SW15 x two
9. ATSF SD45 x one
10. ATSF F40 x one
11. SF C44-9 x one
12. Amtrak F40PH x one
13. Amtrak AMD 103 x one
14. Oakway SD60 x two
15. NS SD60 x one

there are all manner of freight trucks except tankers which will change soon and five Superliners for the Amtrak trains

Last edited by a moderator:
AndyWS said:
Dsc00210.png

Type: EMD GP9
Make: Walther's
Road Name: Wisconsin & Southern
Road Number: 4494
Description: This model joined the roster in 1998 or 1999, and has the distinction of being our only model locomotive for which I have actually seen its prototype in operation. It is also unique in being the only one of our four GP9s with a low front hood for better visibility.

wp-wsor.jpg

wsor4494.jpg

I have confirmation from fellow WSOR fans that #4494 has been scrapped, despite having been in operation as recently as 2002.

Holly! You guys have a huge roster. Wow!:eek:

I’m pretty slow at increasing mine, but here goes anyways:

*MLW RS-18 CN
*MLW RS-18 CN (with sound)
*MLW S-3 CN
*MLW FA-1 CN
*Alco / MLW C424 CN
*F-M C-Liner CN

*Alco RS-3 SL&C
*EMD FT SL&C (in shop)
*BALDWIN SL&C (scrapped)

Well, here are a few of mine. I'm lazy, so I just took the Alaska RR scheme and painted out the logos. Haven't put on my own reporting marks/logo yet, because I haven't decided on one. Three GP38-2s and a GP-40.

The other two are true leasers, the HLCX is a C30-7 which is standing in for an ex-UP C36M. The other one is an Athearn U30B, ex-IC.

I have other locos floating about, but haven't gotten around to either finishing them off, or pulling them out to photograph....

:D

Kennedy

For my New England Railroad I have the following:

1. E8 B&M
2. E7 B&M x2 1 SOUND
3. GP7 B&M x3 1 SOUND
4. GP9 B&M X1 MEC x2 LAKE SHORE LINES x1
5. GP18 B&M
6. S2 B&M X2
7. NW2 B&M 1 SOUND
8. RS3 B&M X2 CP x1 1 SOUND
9. SW7 B&M
10. F7 Axb B&M x2
11. F3 B&M A & B SOUND
12. BL2 B&M
13. FT B&M

That is the most active of the engines.

Bob A.

Pictures coming later but heres my roster. I thought I had posted it here before... :eek::eek: Hmm
Locomotives
Kato: BNSF AC4400CW 5608 with sound, might get rainman's BNSF SD40-2
Athearn: ATSF PA and PB 75 and 75B
Freight:
Athearn/Roundhouse: BN ACF 4 bay Center Flow grain hopper, CB&Q 50 ft Tankcar (i think 50 ft), UP (even though i hate that railroad) 50 ft boxcar kit (not finished) and following close behind is my BNSF Widevision Caboose
EDIT: Just got a new BN Autorack kit..

Mines a small roster, buts its a powerful one.

P2K Demostrator EMD SD60 #EMD1
P2K Demostrator EMD SD60 #EMD4

And on order,

Tower 55 CP ES44AC (Due in November)
Tower 55 CN SD70M-2 (Due in December)

SuperbirdVHble said:
Well, it just happens that a few days ago I took all my Bessemer & Lake Erie road power out to see if it would all fit in my proposed ready tracks plan. They all fit, now I just gotta tear all that crap track up and put good track in properly...
Bessemer862.jpg

SD38 862 (ex-DMIR 225, nee B&LE 862)

WHAT CROCK OF CRAP IS THIS?!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

How dare you deface a DM&IR locomotive!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

First off, let me state I am a general Transtar fan. (includes B&LE, DM&IR, EJ&E, BS, URR, etc..)
862 wasn't even built as a true DM&IR unit anyway. It was originally B&LE 862, only to be sent to the DMIR in the early 90's and then to be sent BACK to the B&LE in 1999. (5 years before CN was even in power) After all, the DMIR has a patched B&LE unit!! How dare they! :p (SD38AC 869) Since the B&LE and DM&IR were sister roads, I personally am ok with the within-sister-road patching/trading that went on back when they were still under Transtar/Blackstone. The DM&IR, EJ&E, and B&LE all swapped many locomotives when they were still under common ownership and operated as independant railroads and some operated in a patched state for a long time. Anything from Texas Types, F7s, SD9s, RSD-15s, SDMs, SD18s, SD38s, SD38ACs, and SD38-2s were traded amoung these three roads from the 1950's up until the company was split up. In 862's case it is still patched and hopefully will be for a long time, because the next step is either the scrap line or full out CN dress. :(
mso580E4.jpg

As for following in CN's footsteps. Never. Ever. Although nothing has really changed as far as visually here on the B&LE, CN always can make the orange can go away whenever they want. It has already started happening to the DM&IR as you all know... :(
Jezz, I always thought DM&IR and B&LE sort of went hand in hand. Why all the hating guys? :confused:

I always found this forum to be the most civilized, helpful, and encouraging model rr forum out there. I was pretty shocked to get on HERE of all places and find one of my engine's being called a "crock of crap" with no indication of sarcasm either.
Take care,
-Bob

Back