Pictures of Sand and Gravel office

I work part time in construction and all the Rock Quarrys I have been in had nothing but a small shack for 1-2 people to sort scale tickets in. most now are just mobile trailers but the older ones were just small shacks poorly made that look like an small version of a railway switch tower. one side has windows for incoming trucks. the other side has a window for outgoing trucks. Doorway at once side to enter. Some are 2 storys so that the can see out over the propery.

I have a similar project and I'm torn between a trailer and a shed.

walthers 534-871009 trailer NuComp Miniatures HO & N

walther 520-40008 shed Northeastern scale models HO only

I don't have much room if truck can still turn around so these would work well. They need lots of gray dust to blend in.

What scale and era are you modeling?

Chas.

I've seen pix of *gondolas* of sand being unloaded by hand (shovel) into dump trucks, as well as hoppers spotted on small "coal" trestles. Cement used to be shipped in bags in boxcars.

it was common for gondolas to be hand loaded/unloaded back in the day. Some larger gravel pits still have rail service and some small ones near concrete crushing plants use the gons for scrap steel....

I can't come up with pics though I tried. There used to be quite a few "sand and gravel dealers" kits for MRRing. I couldn't even find them by doing a search at Walthers online. MAybe they don't make them anymore.

I have a kit somewhere and I can't lay my hands on it right now.
________
Iolite Vaporizer Review

Last edited by a moderator:

Back