Pictures in your Trainroom

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
I have pictures from my Hotrod Building days, Indy Pictures, Stock car pictures, racing pictures, newspaper articles & last but not least, Train Pictures.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures of Hotrod Clubs & Pictures made from Puzzles.

Sorry about the Glare in some of these Photo's.

Larry were you into drags? Pic's are kinda hard to tell.

I was into Drags for about 25 years. Also, owned a Speed Shop for about 35 years. Also, built many Street Rods, Custom 1953 to 55 Chevy pickups, Dune Buggies, etc. Worked as the Broom Crew at Hialeah & Palmetto Stock Car tracks for quite a few years in Florida. I sold parts at Desoto Speedway in Bradebton Fla. the 1st 3 years they were open. Done a lot of stuff over these last 60 years.:D:):rolleyes::cool:

When I lived in Miami from 1939 till 1971 I was always buying cars to make into StreetRods. In about 1965 I bought a 1953 Studebaker hardtop Coupe. V8, stick on the column. I needed some parts for it since I only paid $35.00 for it in good running condition. I advertised in the Miami Herald class. ads for Studebakers or parts. About 5 years later I had acquired about 50 cars & trucks from 1949 to 1965. Then I started buying out old Studebaker dealers all over south Florida. A friend made some business cards(500)for me that said; Larry the Studebaker Man. Buys Coupes any year & new parts. I use to do a lot of Custom work on them. The 53 in the pic w/the hood scoop had a Paxton supercharger engine out of a 1955 Stude. Speedster. I also got the dash out of the 55 & installed it in the 53. I had a Trunklid off of a 1964 Hawk, the Floorshift was a Stude. top cap w/a Jeep top shifter(interchangable) & a Packard Hawk 2 speed rearend. I think in the 10 years I owned that car I got it up to 160mph once. Those cars got lower to the ground the faster you went. Wish I still had it. be worth a lot of money.

I just bought 2 large railroad Puzzles to put together while I'm on vacation this year.
Then will coat them & install in frames & hang on walls in train room before the end of the year.
I was at a friends house last week & he has a large O scale layout. The last time I was there he had about 3 pictures hanging on his walls. This time he had about 30. All of the frames are from Dollar Tree. He said he got the idea from me. LOL
Besides all of my photo's & signs in the trainroom I have a photo album that is about 5in.'s thick of the layout that is in the bookcase for people to look at that shows the start of the layout up until yesterday.

Back