Photo Fun 20, 21 22

More super weekend fun! You guys are awesome. :)

Colorado Sunset
2599250436_ff84e4e43e_o.jpg

Hi all: Jim, thanks for your reply, It' P2K. It runs and sounds great. Jeffrey: Nice looking big hook. Crandall: Ya gotta love those steam engines. Airslide: Great start on that row of buildings. Steve: Nice weathering job on that BN boxcar. Don: That's a BIG loco.

Grande Man, I think that's one of the finest photos I have ever seen.:eek:

You must have a great eye, and the camera and modeling aren't too shabby neither. :)

-Crandell

Grande Man, I think that's one of the finest photos I have ever seen.:eek:

You must have a great eye, and the camera and modeling aren't too shabby neither. :)

-Crandell

Thanks Crandell. I'm glad you like the photos. They sure are fun to take!

Grande man...awesome!

How are you changing the color of the sky? Photoshop or similar? Or back lighting?

Rotor

As always awesome pictures everyone. Grande Man I really like those tricks you use with the background colors.

I still don't have any modeling photos yet but will soon. for now all I have are these photos I'm using for researching the railroad i'm modeling.
2599788040_ce50885556.jpg

2599792404_c16f661ae7.jpg

2585846140_3159842b12.jpg

2585015057_60335524b2.jpg

I'n not quite sure what this is. Some time of rail block.
2585841184_3151ddb874.jpg

Beautiful shots, Eric. I love the sky effects and how the dawn shot brings out the engine details. It'll be a long time before I can ever do that with a camera.

Grampy, thats one of the nicest looking P2K's I've seen. I don't remember the rigging and trucks being that detailed on normal production models.

Hotwinger, nice shot of that classic UP GP-40 in the "old" UP paint scheme. That yellow thing is a derail. It's put on spurs so a runaway car will derail instead of heding off the end of the spur, usually into something like an occupied building or oil tanks. It was also used for spurs with a grade towards the main, so a car that started to roll toward the main would also derail. It has a lock on it and can be flipped back out of the way when a crew switched the spur.

Brian, $500 is not cheap but it's not much more than a high end HO engine. It helped that you had some leftover parts and some skill but, like you said, watching and listening to that Geep in action is priceless. Sure wish I had the space for G scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,
The yellow thing over the rail is a derail. They are used on sidings to prevent a run away car from making it to the main line. They are hinged so the crew can unlock it flip it out of the way, work the siding and then flip it back into the locked postion.

Photos

Another simply amazing weeked ,, layouts and locos ,boats and all !lighting and Photography ! My daugher and I went to a Private airport yesterday to get a look at a restored B-17G the "Liberty Belle" it cost $430. for a 45 minute ari ride in it so we stayed on the groundnd took a few shots . I caught in the propwash and it almost blew me over . four 12,000 horsepoer engines was just too much for me . Alos caught this jet come in with some VIPs on it that had a limo waiting to take them away . ;)

Nice doin m8, but flying straight is pretty easy formation ;) (without offense :) )

I'm a pilot of a Virtual Aerobatic team for more then a year now and apart of being a thrilling experience, its also fun, we take part in various virtual airshows and right now we are training for some upcomming shows ( public ), one of them which is very famous is teh LLTM ( low Land Tiger meet ), which is followed by many enthusiasts.

This is our team's website, for those who like aerobatic teams.

Here are a couple of screenshots and you can see the rest in the MEDIA page under IMAGE GALLERY or else watch out movie trailers.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

At the moment we are four pilots but trying to expand to six, so we can do the Delta show.

I hope you like :)

BTW. I'm slot pilot #4, and we use the simulator IL-2 1946, which has teh best flight dynamics of all flightsims, so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Brian, i would one day like a g scale outdoor railroad, R/c is the only way to go, it is the chosen method of power here for lots of garden railroaders

Maxi OH my LORD, thats awesome stuff, it never even crossed my mind you could do stuff like that

Nice photos from everyone.

This is a scratch built pulpwood load held it place by temporary bulkheads on a flat car.

IMG_2606.jpg

Ray

Maxi you are right about the flight dynamics. FS seems to have missed the mark by alot. I loved Flight unlimited when it was out. One could fly all the manuvers there and the planes reacted the way they should. FS you cant do a proper Spin, and try to do a torque roll or a Lomshavic and the extra becomes irratic.

Great work everyone, some absolutely outstanding models and photography!!! Been a good week here at JTEX. Here's my creations for this week.

Southern SW7 calf
100_2357.jpg

CSX GP38-2 sideswiped
100_2356.jpg

A pair of D&RGW GP40-2's patched for the UP
100_2353.jpg

100_2352.jpg

ConRail SW1500 patched for NS
100_2349.jpg

Omaha Western SW1500
100_2348.jpg

Back