Peco flex track, what's your opinion?

Secondhandmodeler

All new now!
I am wondering if any of you folks use Peco flex track? I am using Peco code 83 turnouts in my town area, and am wondering if it would be a better idea to use Peco here instead of Atlas. It seems like it would be an easier time fitting in all of the small sections between turnouts and such. Am I just being lazy? I know Peco costs more, but that isn't really a concern right now. My track laying and soldering skills are the concern. What is your opinion? Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi Corey,
Peco probably produces one of the better turnouts and of course I would imagine the ties would match better too although after ballasting that may not be so noticable or important unless it's some close up viewing it.

Peco's opration I believe is superior to Atlas althogh I haven't seen either in recent years to make an accurate compareson.

Thanks David, I think I'll order a box of Peco flex track. I have to buy track anyway, I may as well make it easy on myself. I feel much better now!

Hi Corey,
Your welcome, I believe you'll like the operation quality of the Peco track and switches.
Their switch are spring loaded so as to hold the points against the rail whichever way they are thrown, a nice feature! Also their tollerances are a bit more precise for smother operation especially in the build quality of their switches.

I'm sure you'll be pleased!

Back