Open House

hamltnblue

This weekend we had open house on Sat and Sunday.

Here are a few pics from today. For more here's a link to the album:

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll17/hamltnblue/STARR Railroad Club/Open House 2010/

IMG_0932.png

IMG_0924.png

IMG_0906.png

IMG_0910.png

I like the fact you guys set up a place for the children to run their own trains!! Most times they are just told not to touch and look only. Great job!!!

I use to set up a wood train set for kids on a 3by7 ft. board on saw horses until 1 day I wasn't watching to close to the kids when they left. The parents were having a great time looking & taking photo's. After everyone got in their cars I went back inside to shut everything off & all of the wood engines had disappeared & all but 3 out 10 wood cars were left.
I contacted 2 of the parents the next day & they said none of their kids had any of the wood trains. So, now I just tell the parents to tell their kids to not touch anything.
The families w/a lot of kids usually keep a close eye on their own. Every once in a great while I come up missing something or something gets dragged off in the floor. In the many years that I have had lots & lots of visitors I have only lost one engine to a group.
Most kids are well behaved.

Back