On the search for coalporters....

Ken W

Saw a set of coalporters marked for Wisconsin Power & Light (EDGX) at the National Train Show in Milwaukee this past weekend. I can find them at Walther's in HO scale (5344), but not in N scale anywhere. I know they exist; I held the pack in my hand. Anyone have any idea who might have them?

Saw a set of coalporters marked for Wisconsin Power & Light (EDGX) at the National Train Show in Milwaukee this past weekend. I can find them at Walther's in HO scale (5344), but not in N scale anywhere. I know they exist; I held the pack in my hand. Anyone have any idea who might have them?

Could have been an old Athearn set? Im guessing they wernt boxed when you saw them?

Im not sure I understand your question then... What was the manufacture of the coalporters that you saw at the show?

No luck with Con-Cor; HO scale only. They did have some great customer service when I called them. Thanks.

Got the same thing in an internet search too. It lists a price, but not where to get them. Don't know who this list belongs to. Thanks.

Ken,
I have 5 undec "Johnstown Coalporters" that were issued by "E&C Shops". They are unassembled so that you can put them right into the paint shop.

They come with Micro-Trains trucks, a plastic load, a sprue of details, and weights.

I bought them before I had decided on what era I was going to model, and they're too modern for me.

Let me know if you're interested, and I can try to post a photo.
-John

I've seen an N scale car set for Wisconsin Power & Light at a local hobby shop, but it's a little different from what you describe. It is an Athearn 5 car set, part number 11731. The label says 50' Thrall High-Side Coal Gondola, they are numbered WISX 1015, 1036, 1057, 1078 and 1099. I apologize for the delay, but it's been a while since I was back at the hobby shop to confirm what the set was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back