OFF TOPIC!! PDF to jpeg converter?

PDFCreator SHOULD be able to do it.

I use it for saving things as a PDF, as it acts as a printer. But there is an option to save as .jpeg

Normally images are made as PDFs to discourage copying (copyright laws....)

I would discourage you from converting items that are copyrighted.

what i do is use "snipping tool" that came on my computer. it basically takes a picture of the screen. But you can drag the box over what ever you want and any size you want. If you google it there will probably be a free version. its alot easier imo.

At work, often we will receive PDF scans of engineering plans for projects that adjoin or otherwise impact work we're doing. There are times it is useful to put some of these sheets in AutoCAD, so I've come up with the following method since I can't put PDFs inside CAD files, but I can put TIF or JPG images in.

If you have Microsoft Office, one of your printers should be "Microsoft Document Image Writer." Select that as your printer and print to a file. It will open up in Microsoft Imaging as a *.mdi file. Using that application, save the document as a *.tif file. At this point, you have a raster image you can actually do something with.

I would also like to echo Ken's advice to avoid copying copyrighted items, except for your own personal use.

If you have a Windows computer, you can bring anything up on your screen and press and hold the <alt> key then press the <Print Screen> key. That will take a snapshot of the active window. Then open MSPaint and press and hold the <Ctrl> key and press V. That will paste the captured screen shot into MS Paint.

From there you can crop, zoom, markup the image however you like and save it as a jpg or bmp file. It does the job.

My old Mac had a screen shot function as well. Not sure how to do it on a newer Mac, but I'm sure you can.

Doug

Back