O scale on HOn3[10mm] track

T

texon30

Hi all,

Well having gotten into On30 and deciding that my stock of HOn3 stuff needed to be used or sold off.I figured it's easier to use than sell.So off came the stock MDC cabs domes and stacks.On went Banta O scale cabs and PSC domes and stacks.Here are a couple of images of the shay on a diorama I built several years ago.It's all foam under the plaster.

Craig
Texas OutLaw
DFW

photos

I am still learning this site...So here are the images.

Craig
DFW

So you are running 1/48 scale equipment on N scale (or so) track? That would be, what, 1 1/4 foot gauge?

I can see the equipment falling over from the narrowness of the track... <grin>

Nscale track[9mm]

Jeff, No not Nscale track ...HOn3 track which is 10mm...Nscale track would make 18"gauge.
Why would the cars and loco's fall off the track?Just like real world narrow gauge railroads,railways and tram lines....good track causes fewer derailments.I assume you model narrow gauge railroads?Smaller cars in all dims.Not talking doing like the EBT and the timber transfer....

Craig
DFW

texon30 said:
Jeff, No not Nscale track ...HOn3 track which is 10mm...Nscale track would make 18"gauge.
Why would the cars and loco's fall off the track?Just like real world narrow gauge railroads,railways and tram lines....good track causes fewer derailments.I assume you model narrow gauge railroads?Smaller cars in all dims.Not talking doing like the EBT and the timber transfer....

Craig
DFW
I don't model narrow guage, although I"ve considered it a few times.

Okay, if N scale track (which I think is 9mm) would be 18" guauge (1 1/2 foot), then what would 10mm track be - about 21 inches?

Back