No movement

don't doubt the MRC decoders, I have them and their speakers are LOUD! I would debug the engine electricals first but try the decoder in another engine. Get a voltmeter on the decoder motor outputs and see if you get voltage there, then try at the motor, if no current theres an electrical fudge somewhere inbetween.

Yes, those MRC speakers could certainly handle volume and as I recall, they seemed pretty clear as well.

I have been tidying up my work area lately, putting items into the drawers of some cabinets that were on special. Came across a Roco motor I'd replaced in a Genesis loco that had also stopped working. Couldn't pick a reason at the time. So, I removed the shell to check if something was jamming the drive by rotating the flywheels by hand. Put it back on the track and away it went. Started and stopped it a couple of times, then it did it again, wouldn't move. Off with the shell again, rotate the drive again, OK again. Marked a flywheel and motor like a timing mark and found that if the rotation stopped at that mark, that's where it lost drive. One of the Poles on the Armature was dead and was the reason the motor wouldn't turn from stopped. If it stopped elsewhere, there was sufficient momentum from the other 4 to get it past that one to the next. Worth a look?

Back