Maybe it was a good thing our golf match was called off today. So with nothing to do I decided to try my hand at a patch. That didn't work out to well because I didn't have the masking tape secure enough and it bled through forcing me to patch more then I wanted. We'll see how that works out? What I did find though is a new method using chalks. A few weeks ago I painted 4 cars with a 70/30 - thinner/white paint mix to dull up the cars. Then I used the same 70/30 rust mix but after the 3rd car the gun got clogged and I had to quit. I decided to add some rust colored chalk to the 4th car which is much easier to apply and dullcoat it later. When I added the patch I didn't want to wait for it to dry so I put it under a construction high intensity light. When I brought the car over to my work bench I wanted to change some of the chalk rust color weathering but found It was baked on. It wasn't coming off. I guess the heat it baked into the white paint. I guess it's like that powered paint they spray on in factories. That's the new method I'll be using from now on. If I make a mistake with the weathering I can change it before baking it in.