New Turbine

hunslet040

I recently bought this

An 8500 HP UP Turbine.
Nothing unusual you might say because H0 brass models have been made as well as the Scaletrains models and in 0 gauge.
But this is different -- It was made in Switzerland by Wesa in about 1960 which was soon after the real locos were introduced and also it is to TT scale which is 1:120 on 12mm track gauge.
Boxed and in mint condition this plus a UP vista dome car were the only non-European models that Wesa made.
I will have to start looking for the vista dome cars but they are very rare but only for novelty interest because obviously the loco was freight only - now where can I get some TT scale freight cars !
Regards, Colin

That's really cool. I wish that your photo was better. I would like to see the detail better - That's almost a 60 YO model. I remember the first 1959 RMC that I ever looked at (I still have it) had H.P. Locos - TT scale advertised. The 4-6-2 Pacific - I wanted one so bad!

That's really cool. I wish that your photo was better. I would like to see the detail better - That's almost a 60 YO model. I remember the first 1959 RMC that I ever looked at (I still have it) had H.P. Locos - TT scale advertised. The 4-6-2 Pacific - I wanted one so bad!
Hi I will take photos later and post later in the week.
Regards, Colin.

Hi. As requested more photos of Turbine.

Side view of three units

Front View

Top view of A-unit box with connection diagram

The A and B units are die cast metal while the tender body is plastic.
Unusually the wheels are also plastic and there is a hinged contact arrangement on the A unit as a pickup.
Both units have six wheels powered and the wires seen protruding from the B unit are the connection for the B unit motor.
They are very well made although a little unusual in construction.
The A unit was available separately and was probably intended to represent a Diesel loco hence the availability of a Dome car.
Regards, Colin.

Back