New Toys of Summer

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
:D Here are my new toys I bought this summer. Boy I is gonna be broke for several more years:rolleyes: :)
The tractor was much needed as my 1978 12hp Kubota could not run a mower any longer. The spline on the front of the crankshaft that ran the electric clutch stripped. New crank $694 plus seals, gaskets and labor. While the tractor was tore down I was also going to have the clutch replaced. No sense in replacing the crank and then next year the clutch might have croaked and then had to tear it down again. The total repair estimate was $2200 to $2500 plus any other problems that may have shown up and on a 30 year old tractor some were expected.
The HHR replaced a 1991 Olds Regency Elite, a very nice and fancy car theat was requiring monthly repairs. Also the HHR gets 33MPH on a flat highway and is averaging 27MPH in my daily travels. The best the Olds got was 21MPH daily and 25MPH on the highway.

Last edited:
Hey larry, does your tractor have a left/right brake like a full size tractor?

What's Snow??????? Snow plow??????

I say the same thing about huricanes Chris. I thank my lucky stars for clean air, and SNOW. :)

Larry, that is one nice pair of rigs. I'm hoping that soon I need a tractor like that.

Some of my toys,
~2001 chevy 2500 10/16MPG!:eek:
~rickity old trailer on lone from my FIL:rolleyes:
~Husqvarna 2348
~not pic'ed a few 2 cycle Echo equipment

Mikey I do not think the orange snow plow would look good on the HR

Chris The old Kubota had the split brakes for the rear this one does not but does have a peddle for locking the rear axle together. This new one is hydrostatic drive which I love no more of that clutch and shifting stuff just step on the peddle and go or step on the rear peddle and go back.

Larry- I'm glad to hear you will keep the fashion police happy by matching your snow plow to your tractor color!

I heard that Jim decided to live in Prattville, Alabama when he stopped for gas and the attendant pointed to the snow plow in the back of his truck and asked, "What's that machine?"

Y'all have a great and safe weekend!
Mikey

Ya know, Mikey, it's actually the Bott's Dots and lane reflector demarcation line. I know any place with the raised dots and lane marking reflectors doesn't have any snow because the plows would rip them right off. If all I see is painted lines, I know I'm too far north. :)

Jim Glad to hear about the lane marking reflectors caise that means we will get no more snow. LOL LOL They just repaved US 36 near here and it now has those reflector thingys as do several other local hi ways.

I was kinda hoping it would have a split brake, Man it's a real life saver on full size tractors! It's something all mini tractors could have if only the manufacters would put them in! After I get me a Toro grandstand I'm going to get a BX1850. After Saturdays water front fun, I realized how much easier life could have been if I had a actual tractor! Larry keep an Eye on your BX....... ;-)

Jim, around here they cut slots in the shoulder, we only get about 30 days of snow a year, just enough to have winter, not enough to be miserable. I wish I would have had that tractor at the old house, we inherited a 12hp rider when we bought it, and while it cut the weeds fine, it just wasn't up to snow plow duty. :(

Back