New Layout for LASM

Nice job Lasm, cool logging scene! It's amazing how just a few small details make your layout come to life. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Steve, for checking it out. Now that I have the swing of it the plaster is really flying!! maybe make some real headway now that some of the fine details are completed. lasm

Some photos of more scenery work "completed", first the machine shed with gravel extraction area in the background:

scenery2 005.jpg

( I like to have some areas that are kind of open landscape to run the trains through.)

Here is a small orchard, the track was painted with the woodland scenics rust marker:

scenery2 002.jpg

And here is an overview of the area:

scenery2 004.jpg

Thanks for viewing!! lasm

just looking through and didn't see if you decided or were still trying to make a hump yard work.

Any scale model that uses gravity for movement will have issues with scale speeds. Because gravity is a constant acceleration. 9.8 meters per second every second. Its slowed by angles, but still CONSTANT. What this means is your HO-scale hump yard will be moving 87 times too fast almost immediately.

Johne, thanks for checking it out!!

ScrewySqrl, the hump yard is in and it does work. That is the opposite end of the layout. I thought I would have to plant some grass in between the ties but the cars stop on their own, I was suprised on how much grade I needed to get them to go all the way out.

I thought I was going to have to rig up a lever and some clumps of grass that come up to get them to slow down. That will be the last area that I complete, if I stick to the plan, however the track has been laid.

lasm, that is looking great. I really like what you are doing with your scenery. I like your trees, did you make them yourself? Keep the updates coming, I love seeing your progress.

Thanks
Scott

I like your trees, did you make them yourself?

Scott: Only the large trees, the logging ones.

All the foreground trees were purchased off ebay in several lots from China. It took 3 weeks for delivery, but in most cases it was about $2 for ten trees, and 1.90 for shipping. Some of them are nicer than others, it is kind of a dice game as far as what you get, but some of them look very nice even at a closeup.

Steve--Thanks for checking out the thread

lasm

I completed another scene on my new layout, the gravel extraction area, and added a couple buildings previously featured on a how to video:

[video=youtube_share;h0O3-xNxcNk]http://youtu.be/h0O3-xNxcNk[/video]

Thanks for viewing!!! lasm

The greenies sure put the kabosh on the logging industry up here. It was a major industry up here, but not any more. I do have a representation of logging on my layout with a log loading area and a lumber mill yet to be built.

Waiting to see more pictures.

A couple more photos, saw this trick on utube, using a pencil to trace out the rocks out of the foam and bingo a tunnel portal!! I will be going with several layers of mud to try to get the nice rock face that a lot of you guys are getting:

nov6 003.jpg

The spray foam insulation that comes in a can works good to bind the screen to the foam and also to reinforce the foam to the plywood.

nov6 004.jpg

The plaster on the right and left is just covering the spray foam insulation.

nov6 005.jpg

Here is my transformer and DPDT switches. I didn't know they would be so small, got them from ebay, 10 for $15.

nov6 006.jpg

The wiring looks terrible from here, I used jb weld to make a hard plastic cover over all the connections, to assure they don't come apart by mistake.

Thanks for looking, lasm

Back