New Intermountain Auto Racks are in!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Sir Robbins

I ordered 2 auto racks from Intermountain and they arrived the other day while I was out of town. Here are a few pictures of one of them and a bit of info.

The doors on both sides slide open. This is cool but be warned, they can come off very easily and are a bit of a pain to get back on properly. Very sensitive and fragile. Detail is great as is the weight. These are not the anti-graffiti ones that ScaleTrains is shipping next month. I do have those on order as well and will get a few and make a new thread. I waited awhile for Intermountain to catch up on production.

BNSF Auto Rack 1.jpg

BNSF auto rack door 1.jpg

BNSF auto rack side.jpg

BNSF door 1.jpg

TLOC

They look great and I saw the ST ones at 2019 Trainfest and IMO they are even better. Thankfully for my wallet the CN’s Valley Sub from Junction City to Wausau in Central Wisconsin didn’t have them on the rails. Somewhat envious, enjoy them and the ST’s when they arrive.

TomO

MikeInHubCity

They look great and I saw the ST ones at 2019 Trainfest and IMO they are even better. Thankfully for my wallet the CN’s Valley Sub from Junction City to Wausau in Central Wisconsin didn’t have them on the rails. Somewhat envious, enjoy them and the ST’s when they arrive.

TomO
I need some more autoracks for my future layout, as I’m planning to protolance the Superior Sub from Marshfield-Spencer-Owen. The rear border of my FIL’s hunting woods(between Spencer & Riplinger) is the Superior Sub.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.