New Display Location......and a great Wife!!!!

PlowGuy

So, I own a 3 bedroom house, with a 5 year old daughter and a newborn son coming in June. Up until this weekend I had most of my trains displayed in the spare room (now my sons room). I needed a new place to hang my acrylic display case but just couldn't find a spot in the house. I was going to hang it in the garage, but I figured the weather / humidity would ruin all the engines I have, plus I do a lot of wood working and they would all be covered in dust, even in the case.

My wife came to the rescue and gave me the green light to hang 2 cases in our bedroom!!!! It looks okay I guess, definitely not used to seeing trains every night when I go to bed, but things could be worse right!!!! I need a bigger house! I'm just glad I have a wife that is willing to put up with all my shenanigans!!!!! :)

So lets hear your story of what your wife or significant other has let you do / get away with......... should be interesting!!!

003-1.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-2.jpg

I actually got mine involved in the "shenanigans"!:D

She helps me load/unload the truck and trailer for shows, and then while I run trains, she sits at the clubs sale table peddling our wares! Guys, if you ever try to sell stuff at a show, get a woman on the table. Guys will buy from a woman, they will bargain with you!:rolleyes:

Also when we moved into our new house, she immediatly and without quarrel gave up the basement with only 1 condition. She needs a clear shot to the laundry room!!

No Problem!!:D

I'd say you have a great wife. Mine is very allowing and interested in my hobbies. As long as she has the fireplace wall and mantle in the living room for all the family pictures she lets me hang poster size prints on the others. So the living room is a gallery of kids and grand kids and hot rod and motorcycle and train pics.

Yup that's a great wife all right, and the display looks great!
I was having a conversation with my "wife" a while ago about space usage and she pointed out that I was the only one in the house who has his own private room.
I pointed out that this was not true and that she has her own room right down at the other end of the hall.
Okay so maybe I wasn't thinking before I spoke, and sure that happens to be the laundry room, and yeah I should mention that she happens to be a martial arts instructor, third dan.
On the bright side I'm doing much better now and should be able to walk upright in a week or so!

Mine is into model railroading as much as I am anymore. She fell in love with On30 account it being "cute" (her words, not mine!) narrow gauge. She buys more trains anymore than I do and is always trying to figure out ways to make a layout around our apartment work (whereas I get enough trains at work).

She is a regular volunteer at the Western Pacific RR Museum where I am a director and has a thing for the SP 4449 and UP 844. Here she is on a stop on an 844excursion.

Oh, and you're right: If your organization is selling items to raise funds at a show, get teh ladies to sell for you. Alicia is happy to don a push up bra, low cut top and doll all up for these shows as she and another lady in our organization have become very adept at seperating guys from their money.

We bought our 1st home in November. 3 bed, 3 bath, 3k sq ft for my wife,.13 month old son, and I. It includes a 15'x13' bonus room that my wife calls my hobby room. She liked the house more than i did, and since I use the 2.5 car garage for my auto and wood shop, the room, albeit small, is a great rrain room

My girlfriend and I got into the hobby together (technically I got into it "again" since me and my dad used to have a small train board together when I was little) and have been equally involved, so I am reallllyyyyy lucky when I say I dont have to ask for space!! We are renting a house that has a big basement (that was actually one of our deal or no deal points when house hunting because we knew a train layout would go there lol). The layout takes up most of the basement, and my weights and washer/dryer go in the other part. So I guess the only negotiating when it came to the layout was with myself, about how many feet can I squeeze out of the layout before I push to far into the weightlifting area lol. My gf wasnt really much help because she said she was extatic with the area of the layout already, and it was all up to me how much bigger I wanted it. I love her lol.

Back