Need closeup pix of Bachmann Spectrum 4-6-2 Pacific to put back together

Artieiii

I just got a Bachmann Spectrum 4-6-2 Pacific and I took it apart to repaint it in Blue Comet colors. The repaint came out good but now I am having trouble getting the running gear back together. The exploded parts view in the instructions is not in enough detail to see how it goes back together. The wheels are on but the control arms on the wheels are giving me trouble. There are slight differences on each side so I need some closeups of the running gear on both sides. Can anyone help me? TIA
-Art

Say Art, Are you sure you didn't get one or more of the drivers turned or swaped 180* without realizing it. It could be that is where your difference lies along with a short problem if all the positives aren't kept on one side and of course all the negative contact on the other side. Often times the positive side of the driver axel will be painted Red so they are easily identified. Apologizes if your aware of this already?

It may also be a difference in the way the drive rods are drilled that isn't allowing them to line up properly? be sure the Oil cups stick up and if after getting one side on check to see if the other side lines properly? If not you need to sway the drive rods from side to side so they do line up.

Hope this helps?

After many hours of frustration I got it figured out. Someone on another forum sent me a closeup pic. Here is the final result:
hobluecomet2.jpg

I think it came out pretty good. Not a big fan of blue but this color scheme really looks nice to me. Next week gotta add a sound controller. There is a speaker enclosure in the tender and an 8 pin connector so it should be pretty easy.
-Art

Back