NCE Power Cab Amnesia

swhalen

Hi there,

I've been using my NCE Power Cab starter set for a while now on my Twin Peaks HO scale layout, and I've only gotten around now to posting about this despite it being so annoying. The gist of the annoyance is that if I have two locos that I want to run, say loco A and loco B, and if I turn some settings on in loco A like the headlight, bell, and speed step 4, and then go and turn on the ditch lights and speed step 2 in loco B, if I select loco A again its headlight, bell, and speed are all reset to what they are when you turn on track power. After that, if I go and select loco B again the same thing happens and all of its functions are "forgotten" by the Power Cab. Please tell me that this isn't how it's supposed to work!

Thanks in advance,

Sam

I knew about the function but never used it until now. I didn't know how it worked until I googled it after seeing your post. I was just getting used to the throttle starting over.

I'm the one with the stupid question... I didn't ask! 😜

Didn't see a specific thread for this, so thought I'd add to this one. Had a question for the more experienced folks out there:
Now that I have two DCC locos, I wanted to program their road numbers so that I could use them together if I wanted. I seemed to be able to reprogram the address, but the next time I used my Walthers Mainline SD60M my NCE Powercab seems to have forgotten that is a DCC loco and runs like it is DC. Had the same issue with my Rapido F59PH loco as well.

I was able to "fix" the issue by manually setting some of the settings with voltage etc, but then I got the same "amnesia" the next time I used them. Does a Powercab or the loco not remember the newly set address? Tempted to reset the decoders to factory settings and address of 3 for now just to avoid the issue. Thoughts?

Back