• I model On3

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I model HOn3

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I model another narrow gauge scale

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While I have a couple of HOn3 engines my main emphasis at present is to get my layout completed for running Std. HO and as I go along I'll try and work in some HOn3. I was just looking at an area last night that might accommodate using some HOn3 to reach a mine via a different route than I had planned.

There's a fair ways to go before I get there though.

I model HO to look like narrow gauge... ;)

IMG_5006.jpg

Colorado narrow gauge lines-D & RGW,Denver South Park & Pacific,Rio Grande Southern,Colorado And Southern,Silverton Northern,Silverton Railroad,and Unitah Railway, in HOn3

Also modeling in HOn3, Nevada Co Narrow Gauge with a side of D&RGW despite my saying I wasnt going to get a K class, a Balboa K36 just screamed buy me and I did! Mike

I have been of the narrow minded mindset for many years. The roster of brass engines has grown this past week. I picked up a Ken Kidder HOn3 mogul for $25 in its orignal box, it was in pieces, but is now all back together, painted and waiting for a can motor. Monday the mail man dropped off my Nevada Co Narrow Gauge #9, early run with the angled drive that is prone to fast wear. Its been pro painted, can motored and DCC-ized already. I had been outbid on a nice Balboa K36 on ebay, but I found another one that cost me less than what that one on ebay ended up going for over at Caboose Hobbies, it arrived today. And while I do love the smaller engines, this chunky K class is the cat's arse to say the least! Needs painted, a coreless motor and dcc installed. I got it running halfway decent and resolderd a split steam in the smokebox tonight. I will probably ship it off to my painter over the summer months when I am busy with my other hobbies and the trains are parked for the summer. Cheers Mike

Like Scordicus I also model narrow gauge in several scales I started in HOn30 and moved on to 1-35th scale. Saw the B'man On30 and couldn't resist the Forney. Then there is the 1-24th scale micro layout sitting here waiting to be finished. Not that I like narrow gauge you understand ( tongue in cheek).

Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
MT Hopper

HOn3 is my scale.

I have always loved the look of narrow gauge. My inspiration was Furlow's SJC back in '82.

-G-

Back