My new Layout

Lynn, This may be easier than you think. You can contact him at his website. Include a photo of your work and simply ask if a fellow modeler could visit. He is a great guy, especially when it comes to this hobby. Might work. Jim:)

Lynn, This may be easier than you think. You can contact him at his website. Include a photo of your work and simply ask if a fellow modeler could visit. He is a great guy, especially when it comes to this hobby. Might work. Jim:)
LMAO, Jim through all your ups and downs your going through I'm extremely happy you still have a scence of humour.;)

Cougar Flat Station is complete... finally.

DSCF4221_zpsjduk2e7o.png

DSCF4217_zpspvwgc4ne.png

DSCF4219_zpsb9tluxlc.png

DSCF4222_zps08fvhxcc.png

DSCF4223_zpsabiy9ncj.png

Really nice Lynn , it still amazes me how a few cans and barrels just bring a scene to life . I like those lights , are they a scratch project? Did you make the signs and pallets and such? The different colors on the floor boards add a lot of character , it almost looks like repairs were done not to long ago . If you cant fit it on your layout , I have a spot on mine that would work just perfect :)

Thanks Jim pretty much everything you see came with the kit. I've got a perfect spot on my layout for the station, thanks for the offer though.:)

Lynn - the station turned out great! All that work was definitely worth it. I'm sure it will be one of the showpieces of your layout.

Thanks guys for the nice compliments. I will be spending the day cleaning up the layout room and getting the mainline up and running.

Lynn , when you built that beautiful trestle , did you have trouble holding the top runners together? I am thinking , with that large expanse and the pieces being 4-5 inches long that creates lots of joints and possible break points . Did you reinforce it somehow before you started hanging bents on it?

Jim I think I may have misread your question, the stringers were glued end to end using white glue I think and then the ME bridge track was attached to the stringers using pliobond and weighted down overnite. Then bents were attached with white glue upside down.

Thanks Lynn , so the track acts to hold the stringers together ? I guess you get a lot of support from all the cross bracing also . I was just concerned that with about a 42 inch span for what I am getting ready to do , it might snap in to pieces . I was not thinking that it is actually a scale model with scale engineering :)

Back