Merchants Row Series

Not the lumber yard. That's the one I see the most, along with the saw mill. I am starting to rethink my use of DPM kits. They look nice, but you can only use so many of them. On the other hand, forum members are the only people who would notice my use of over used kits.

I just bought walthers N scale consolidated dairy and the tannery kits. these are HUGE kits!!!! but you could easily get two or more of each and have several NICE industries from them. they even included several sets od decals and optional construction methods to vary the kits. money well spent there. Ryan

Oldtrail, I built the HO Consolidated Dairy some time back and it is a good kit. Make sure that you keep your corners square and you will like the results. Also, you will end-up with a lot of spare parts to start another building. I went ahead and bought a bunch of Walthers Modular Building kits to go with these and now build designs to fit an area.

I guess I'm one of the 20% that doesn't use any Merchant's Row on the layout. The one that's closest to it is a series of DPM and Smalltown buildings. The only building I'm missing is 'the other corner cafe', to finish off the block.

My other city block (on another part of the layout), has Walthers Gold Ribbon buildings on one side, and a mishmash of buildings on the other. Most of my buildings are from eBay these days; the oddball stuff that doesn't really fit any pattern. So, filling out the mishmash side of the street is a bit tougher than I thought....

Kennedy

Back