Memorial Day Weekend Photo Fun

Evening Jeff. Your new MP-15,is it one of the new Atlas MP's ? If so how do you like them? Pretty sweet huh? I have two of the Southern Railway versions,and I am crazy about them.I am planning to get the L&N versions when they become available. Layout looking good there sir.William.:cool: .

Nope - the soup cans were full in order to hold the rails down into the glue.

Yep, that's an Atlas MP15 - just got done adding all the details and switching out the coupler's for #58's (a drop in operation). The only thing about it is that with it going around rumbling all the way, the GP38 and GP40s seem a bit, well, wimpy, wandering around darn near dead silent.

I'm beginning to think that sound is like wireless DCC - addicting from the first hit.

It looks funny, but works really well at holding the rails down so they don't try to float on the glue between the pins holding them in place.

Guys,I will share photos of 4 of my favorite boxcars..
I'll tell you this..These cars will be weathered..I had a heck of a time getting good lighting because of the plastic glare..:(

Ya'll are awesome! I'm really enjoying the pics.

Since we've been running trains all weekend and playing with the video feature on the camera, here's one more cheesy video. ;)

CB&Q local. This was the last scheduled train of the current operation session. The Sedalia local has two industries to switch and it'll be time for LGM to plan another session and restage the trains. He ran all the scheduled mainline trains and I worked the Sedalia yard this session. It's amazing how much operation we're getting for such a small layout. There's a million switching possibilities!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kxS7NWBfqg

Posting pictures

Thanks to all who took the time to instruct me. :)

My railimages account has been deleted due to its recent change of venue, and I need to get the new one loaded; I'll do that over the next few days.

-Crandell

Nice shots guy's, GM the vid's inspired me to get out the Sound Station 312 and have some fun with the kids today.

Steve B said:
Nice shots guy's, GM the vid's inspired me to get out the Sound Station 312 and have some fun with the kids today.

LOL. We've had the Sound Station 312 for several years. Other than the one lonely sound decoder that Rex gave us, it's the only sound we have! I need to change that, even though I'm not a huge sound guy. The 312 can provide some decent background racket though... :D

Here are my contributions for this weekend...

First, my superdetailed and weathered Susquehanna B40-8. An Atlas model, but I added ditch lights, changed the number on the cab, the numberboards, and added red lenses for marker lights on both the front and rear. And of course, weathered with pastels and paints.

IMG_4794.jpg

An accompanying Athearn caboose:

IMG_4795.jpg

IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

Some shots of a sampling of my fleet:

New York Central 60' high-cube boxcar, custom decorated for my modern-day NYC:

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

Two Guilford cars spotted at Butler Paper:

IMG_4816.jpg

IMG_4817.jpg

3 centerbeams waiting to unload at Johnson & Sons Lumber:

IMG_4823.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

In the yard:

IMG_4826.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4828.jpg

New Orleans Public Belt, weathered after a prototype. (involved several successive layers of white and yellow pastel to get the faded color *just right*)

IMG_4831.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4833.jpg

IMG_4834.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

MMA box spotted at Instant Horizons:

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

And I'm spent... Hope you enjoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics guys!!! Well it took a long time, but I finally was able to get my train items and personal belongings back. Minus the items that were sold,,, any who I set up my switching district up so I can piddle till I get the AC in garage and plan for the future empire. By the way this is N scale for you horribly oversized blinded folk,,lol

Here are a couple of pics.

0605280021.jpg

0605280014.jpg

Here is what the layout looks like when it is dissasembled. The layout fit in a 16' 7" x 11' 6" room. Now I have a 22' x 22' garage to use, woooooohoooooo.

0605280015.jpg

Adios to all,, have a great weekend, and happy memorial day to all!!!

Wyatt

Sweet, so we managed to get so GREAT news this weekend, glad you got the trains back Wyatt!

Back