Meanwhile At Rapido.....

Also my Bachmann specturm Em-1 was in identical type of packaging and I'm sure would not have survived unscathed but then again its a delicate steamer...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help but wonder if this is return-fire for the claims over at the Atlas Rescue Forum that people were getting their F9A's with dislodged items rattling around in the packaging, and bent things. I doubt any Rapido boxes get this kind of mishandlng, but only one item was dislodged. Hmmmm...

Nice test.....and why do some people still use rapido couplers here in the computer age? This vexes me. :confused: Okay.....so....since all their other stuff has rapido couplers I guess? Ohh dear martha......(shaking head in disbelief)....what a conundrum! :eek: :p

Railfan
lonesome prairie drifter

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice test.....and why do some people still use rapido couplers here in the computer age? This vexes me. :confused: Okay.....so....since all their other stuff has rapido couplers I guess? Ohh dear martha......(shaking head in disbelief)....what a conundrum! :eek: :p

Railfan
lonesome prairie drifter

Ummm, you realize that this Rapido has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the old Arnold-Rapido that made those old N scale hook couplers, right?

Ummm, you realize that this Rapido has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the old Arnold-Rapido that made those old N scale hook couplers, right?
That's ok....thanks for the info.....no worries.....but having the same name is not exactly "absolutely nothing"...IMHO.

Railfan
(Mike)

Loose and broken bits "out of the box" or discovered shortly after (usually on first few runnings) seem to be a "feature" of most modern equipment these days. I overheard a couple of club members bemoaning the fact that it was now necessary go round the layout after a session and retrieve parts that had fallen off.

Looks to be a price we have to pay for the increased detail and etched metal parts now being fitted to our models and that glue being applied at the factories is pretty much history.

That's ok....thanks for the info.....no worries.....but having the same name is not exactly "absolutely nothing"...IMHO.

Railfan
(Mike)

The name is just a coincidence. There is absolutely no connection between the two.

Back