Making cheap containers

Jim 68cuda

Need lots of 20' and 40' containers cheap for a background? Try printing and making your own from paper. It would probably be a good idea to reinforce them.
Check out this site.

http://www.igshansa.de/igsorg.html

On the lefthand side menu on this site go to "Download English"

(If someone else already posted this I apologize for the duplication.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheap containers

Hi Guys.
Mark I tried to print out one of the containers, for some reason it would not print "landscape" resulting in the one end being cut off.
Jim, I printed out a couple of contatainers. The detail is pretty good but I question the fold lines, I couldn't get the ends to fit into the body. In the morning I will make a couple of wooden blocks, then fold around that, perhaps I'll have more luck that way.
Mac

Hi Guys.
Mark I tried to print out one of the containers, for some reason it would not print "landscape" resulting in the one end being cut off.
Jim, I printed out a couple of contatainers. The detail is pretty good but I question the fold lines, I couldn't get the ends to fit into the body. In the morning I will make a couple of wooden blocks, then fold around that, perhaps I'll have more luck that way.
Mac

You got farther than I did. I haven't tried making any yet. I would guess the folds on the end panels would need to be just slightly off set from the fold lines on the main container such that the end panel is reduced in size by the thickness of the paper all the way around the perimeter of the container end. That would mean the fold lines for the container ends would be slightly different depending on the thickness of the paper its printed on.

Back