Mainline rework

I was in this train room about a year ago and the improvements are terrific! Backdrops and drop gate are major efforts.

Thanks for sharing.

Joe Daddy

I was in this train room about a year ago and the improvements are terrific! Backdrops and drop gate are major efforts.

Thanks for sharing.

Joe Daddy

Oh hey Joe, hows it going? How's Jeff also? Been that long since you were here. Yes I've been making a lot of improvements on my layout. Thanks for the comments, take care now.

I've been working on the middle bridge. Its an ME 160' combination girder & deck bridge.

Just need to add the legs, and it will be complete. Here's a test fit.

(also notice I put some bushes there to cover the wall space)

P1000346.jpg

P1000348.jpg

Thanks guys! The 3rd bridge will be a wood deck bridge. I'll start working on that after I finish the girder bridge.

Awesome bridge setup. There are sone very interesting scenes on this little layout that could make for some very cool pictures, and certainly some great operation.

Best regards,
Jim

I painted the bridge last night. Now I need to glue the bridge track on there, and then weather it.

P1000376.jpg

P1000377.jpg

P1000378.JPG

P1000380.JPG

Thanks Jim appriate the comments.

The bridge is now complete, all weathered up. Now I will start working on the wood deck trestle.

P1000381.jpg

P1000382.jpg

P1000383.jpg

Looking good. Now waiting for the second bridge. With the backdrop, this will be an impressive scene.

Looking good. Now waiting for the second bridge. With the backdrop, this will be an impressive scene.

Actually there is going to be 3 bridges in this scene. The truss bridge against the wall, the middle girder bridge, and the inside bridge will be a wood deck trestle. I'm working on the wood bridge right now.

I just finished painting the river bottom. What a pain in the arse that was. Trying to get the 4 different colors to blend, and the acrylic paints drying so quickly. I was re-doing areas over and over again.

Finally I think I got it now. Let me know what you guys think?

P1000392.JPG

P1000393.JPG

P1000394.JPG

The scene is very nice, but, since you asked, Michael, the river, it is too bright, almost black or very dark blue/green would be my preference.

Joe

Thanks Joe for the feedback. It actually is darker, but the camera seems to brighten it up a bit. Also, I will tint the water with dark brown, so it will get darker once I pour the water.

Back