Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

I ordered an Athearn Genisis EMD SD90MAC about two years ago, even longer I think. Anyway got a call Tuesday to say it had arrived and could I come and collect it and pay the balance, Yikes!!!!!! hadn't budgeted for that, OK so off this morning to collect it, in hindsight a very bad move on my part.

Athearn EMD SD90MAC-H Phase 1 (DCC Ready)

View attachment 178397

View attachment 178398

Unfortunately, as I had my credit card out, this also fell into my hands.

A Scaletrains Ferromex GE ES44 (DCC ready)

View attachment 178399

oopsie, my bad.😁
Santa must of thought that you had been very good this year!!! 🤣

This adventure started about 2 weeks ago, when Mike (migalyto) posted an EBay link to a Beverly Hillbillies truck. I succumbed to the temptation and this is the 3d printed kit that I received.
View attachment 178324View attachment 178325
I am a sucker for challenges and this kit presented a few unique ones. It was a bit difficult to paint underneath and behind some areas, like the wheel wells and under the bench and chair, but persistence paid off.
In addition to the kit contents, I added a mailbox visible in the back behind the bed frame; Cousin Pearl in the rocker and a dog in the back seat. Here is the result posed in front of Milburn Drysdale's bank.
View attachment 178327
Miss Hathaway is barely seen lurking behind Mr. Drysdale.
Here is an in-process photo of the other side taken on the workbench.
View attachment 178328
I know that I am mixing eras here, but it's my layout!😂
Lets hope the Hillbillies don't drive through Philly, or Cousin Pearl will be decorating one of the railroad bridges there😉

How could you leave it there all cold and alone this time of year.

I think you better go back and grab it! :)
🤔 Well, I will have to go back, as the manual for the EMD is not in the box, and we track-tested it first, so the manual must still be there.

A couple of French wagons arrived recently .
Open wagon with mineral load by Roco and a Fourgon ( Luggage van) from REE.
SNCF Fourgon and Wagon.JPG

Little Christmas present for myself:
IMG_20231224_154522931.jpg

Found these parts in one of the local antique shops in the area, which i haven't been to in a while. These are all 0 gauge and not only tough to find, but expensive. Normally i would shed over $100 on any train show for these. They were in three little zip-lok baggies, $10 each bag. Few brake line glad handle sets, bell, two reverse mechanisms, switch stand, universal shaft for steam locomotive, turbo, headlight, four cylinder compressor, markers, and steam dome. Can't beat that $30 price anywhere.

Little Christmas present for myself:
Found these parts in one of the local antique shops in the area, which i haven't been to in a while. These are all 0 gauge and not only tough to find, but expensive. Normally i would shed over $100 on any train show for these. They were in three little zip-lok baggies, $10 each bag. Few brake line glad handle sets, bell, two reverse mechanisms, switch stand, universal shaft for steam locomotive, turbo, headlight, four cylinder compressor, markers, and steam dome. Can't beat that $30 price anywhere.
What a great find: I never stumble on any deals like that!

You'll have to let us know what you think the truck spreader pliers, I could use one seeing as it should work on OO scale trucks too.
I wouldn't have gotten the spreaders had they not been part of a combo pack. The tuner was $26, and the combo was $39. They were offering free shipping on orders over $25. I had a $10 rewards coupon, so I got the set for $29 with free shipping. In essence i got the plyers for $3. If they work, great. If not, they can go in the lost tool drawer to never be seen again. I think they will work fine though.

I wouldn't have gotten the spreaders had they not been part of a combo pack. The tuner was $26, and the combo was $39. They were offering free shipping on orders over $25. I had a $10 rewards coupon, so I got the set for $29 with free shipping. In essence i got the plyers for $3. If they work, great. If not, they can go in the lost tool drawer to never be seen again. I think they will work fine though.
That's a good deal, I can't find anything like that in the UK, the only ones I found were Micro-Mark at Dallasmodelworks.com, with shipping at $57.37, so you got a good deal, and I'll pass for a pair and carry on using a screwdriver. 🤣 🤣

Santa was good to us this year. A few train items that I got this week for Christmas:
  • Another Bachmann Canadian grain hopper
  • A Walthers Mainline Trailer Train bulkhead flat car
  • Railroad yard workers (finally someone to actually work on the railroad!)
  • A Walthers Trainline comics store built-up
  • Two Walthers Scenemaster box trucks (for eventual use on the soda bottling plant)
CN Covered Grain Hopper 371375 (Xmas) 12-2023.jpg
Bulkhead Flatcar Trailer Train  92328 (Xmas).jpg
Yard Workers - 12-2023.jpg
Comics Store - 12-2023.jpg
Box Trucks - 12-2023.jpg

Santa was good to us this year. A few train items that I got this week for Christmas:
  • Another Bachmann Canadian grain hopper
  • A Walthers Mainline Trailer Train bulkhead flat car
  • Railroad yard workers (finally someone to actually work on the railroad!)
  • A Walthers Trainline comics store built-up
  • Two Walthers Scenemaster box trucks (for eventual use on the soda bottling plant)
View attachment 178667View attachment 178668View attachment 178669View attachment 178670View attachment 178671
You must have been a good boy this year for Santa to be so nice to you. 😁

Back