Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Sounds like you are in a similar situation to mine. We need to organize a "Excessive Rolling Stock/Locomotives Anonymous" club. Motto: Stop me before I order some other model railroad stuff!"
Then we'd also have to have the "I have too many building kits" club along with"I have too many freight/rail car kits"

I don't want to think how much Rolling stock I have, and worse, I'm getting more:(

Then we'd also have to have the "I have too many building kits" club along with"I have too many freight/rail car kits"

I don't want to think how much Rolling stock I have, and worse, I'm getting more:(

You have seen my "hot mess" on my temporary layout haven't you? The illness has attacked my brain many moons ago....and I will say when there is a full moon well it gets crazy 🐺 see my YouTube link below...

Although I do keep a live and ongoing roster count (very detailed mind you) of my rolling stock and locomotives....I try not to look at the tally number :p but it is necessary as I do not like duplicates unless I am re-numbering /patch the car or unit. I also try to a do minor purges twice a year via FB Market Place or Ebay or trade up with someone etc.

As long as you are happy and doing this hobby for the enjoyment and all of the facets it has to offer kudos to you! That is key and the goal! Be happy!

Last edited:
And now for something different... A couple months ago I noticed some interesting items at a local shop near where I work. This store often has used collections and items for sale from persons or families wishing to dispose of them. In one of the glass cases, they had a handful of Bachmann China HO trains. The proprietor said that they came from an expat who had lived overseas for several years. I've never seen these in the US before. They are standard HO size, DC power. I haven't had a chance to open up the loco yet, from what information I can find online, this should have a standard 8-pin socket for DCC. Hopefully that's true so I can convert it, and have something slightly exotic occasionally making the rounds on the layout. I was able to get a good deal on the loco and some passenger cars since they had been sitting there for a while.

The locomotive is a DF4, probably the most ubiquitous diesel in China, in production from 1969-2007. They are used for both passenger and freight service--this one is in passenger colors.

53396240870_f5a02a68d3_b.jpg

The passenger cars are also interesting. The couplers are interchangeable, allowing standard couplers or drawbars. But both the store proprietor and I were puzzled by the wheelsets. The axles have two additional discs inboard of the wheels. The discs don't have flanges, so I doubt they're for another narrower gauge of track. Maybe some sort of electrical pickup for installing lights? Anyone seen this before?

53395801481_1d9a9a8d55_b.jpg

And now for something different... A couple months ago I noticed some interesting items at a local shop near where I work. This store often has used collections and items for sale from persons or families wishing to dispose of them. In one of the glass cases, they had a handful of Bachmann China HO trains. The proprietor said that they came from an expat who had lived overseas for several years. I've never seen these in the US before. They are standard HO size, DC power. I haven't had a chance to open up the loco yet, from what information I can find online, this should have a standard 8-pin socket for DCC. Hopefully that's true so I can convert it, and have something slightly exotic occasionally making the rounds on the layout. I was able to get a good deal on the loco and some passenger cars since they had been sitting there for a while.

The locomotive is a DF4, probably the most ubiquitous diesel in China, in production from 1969-2007. They are used for both passenger and freight service--this one is in passenger colors.

53396240870_f5a02a68d3_b.jpg

The passenger cars are also interesting. The couplers are interchangeable, allowing standard couplers or drawbars. But both the store proprietor and I were puzzled by the wheelsets. The axles have two additional discs inboard of the wheels. The discs don't have flanges, so I doubt they're for another narrower gauge of track. Maybe some sort of electrical pickup for installing lights? Anyone seen this before?

53395801481_1d9a9a8d55_b.jpg
They look like little flywheels

My eagerly awaited package was delivered this morning, it's been sitting a few miles away for nearly two weeks, but with work and not wanting to leave any packages unattended decided it could wait.

Big thank you to Paul (@PMW) for his generosity

1702645363795.jpeg

Paul also said he would kindly include a few containers too.

1702645056912.jpeg

Hate to think what he means when he say's a lot

My eagerly awaited package was delivered this morning, it's been sitting a few miles away for nearly two weeks, but with work and not wanting to leave any packages unattended decided it could wait.

Big thank you to Paul (@PMW) for his generosity

View attachment 178073

Paul also said he would kindly include a few containers too.

View attachment 178071

Hate to think what he means when he say's a lot

Glad they finally reached you!

I'm glad I could find a wonderful model railroader to adopt them :D

This adventure started about 2 weeks ago, when Mike (migalyto) posted an EBay link to a Beverly Hillbillies truck. I succumbed to the temptation and this is the 3d printed kit that I received.
IMG_1045.JPG
IMG_1048.JPG

I am a sucker for challenges and this kit presented a few unique ones. It was a bit difficult to paint underneath and behind some areas, like the wheel wells and under the bench and chair, but persistence paid off.
In addition to the kit contents, I added a mailbox visible in the back behind the bed frame; Cousin Pearl in the rocker and a dog in the back seat. Here is the result posed in front of Milburn Drysdale's bank.
IMG_1145.JPG

Miss Hathaway is barely seen lurking behind Mr. Drysdale.
Here is an in-process photo of the other side taken on the workbench.
IMG_1115.JPG

I know that I am mixing eras here, but it's my layout!😂

im really bad at being orginized , as you can see im a big steam union pacific fan & i have stuff everywhere , im going to pare down some. i love the stuff you guys have

Attachments

• 2-8-8-2.jpg
    2-8-8-2.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 31
  • prr turbine.jpg
    prr turbine.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 27
  • big boy counter 2021.jpg
    big boy counter 2021.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 26
  • side shot maine casket company.jpg
    side shot maine casket company.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 27
  • big boy counter part 2 2021.jpg
    big boy counter part 2 2021.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 35
im really bad at being orginized , as you can see im a big steam union pacific fan & i have stuff everywhere , im going to pare down some. i love the stuff you guys have
I'm just happy you have the space to put them all, there are a fair few you have too. :)

I ordered an Athearn Genisis EMD SD90MAC about two years ago, even longer I think. Anyway got a call Tuesday to say it had arrived and could I come and collect it and pay the balance, Yikes!!!!!! hadn't budgeted for that, OK so off this morning to collect it, in hindsight a very bad move on my part.

Athearn EMD SD90MAC-H Phase 1 (DCC Ready)

1703184302894.jpeg

1703184350390.jpeg

Unfortunately, as I had my credit card out, this also fell into my hands.

A Scaletrains Ferromex GE ES44 (DCC ready)

1703184445401.jpeg

oopsie, my bad.😁

Back