Made a good haul today!

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
I just got back from the LHS in Alexandria (not so local). I made out like a fat rat! I got 2 Athearn RS3's for $30 and 2 Athearn F7A's for $40. That's like half price on all of them.

Way to go Jeff! I'll be picking up some P1K RDC-1's at $35/ea from MBKleins tomorrow (already paid for 'em online).

I'm going to go pester one of my LHS's to sell me their two SD70M's cheaper, they've had them on the shelf for over a year, both undec, they want $139 a piece!

Hi guys, here are those Budd cars I got from Kleins this morning:

BuddCars_zoom_in.jpg

Those look good. I just found out today when I was working on the locos that the RS3's are Roundhouse models. Seems like Athearn by another name. The drive mechanism is identical.

Even in my past modeling life (before my 15-year hiatus), I noticed a high degree of similarity between MDC/Roundhouse and Athearn. They offered some of the more 'exotic' modern frieght cars that weren't in Athearn's product line. I still have 30 of their 3-bay hoppers.

Well, that ARE all the same NOW... Athearn parts are standard across alot of maufacturers, my Front Range GP9 has Athearn trucks & and an Athearn motor.

Back