Looking for someone to make me some custom Decals

PlowGuy

I have been working on a multitude of HO logging vehicles as of late, all are painted, weathered and detailed however none have any decals.

They are HO / 1:87 scale and I am looking for someone to design and print some decals for me showing the company name and a symbol or design as the company logo. I need decals that will fit on HO scale truck doors, excavator engine compartment hoods, along the booms etc. I am pretty flexible on design, I just want something unique. I have about 10 vehicles right now but plan on building another 10-20, so I want enough to do all these and possibly more. I'd also like to get a few bigger ones made to put on billboard signs, the sides of tractor trailers, or on the side of buildings.

If you up to the challenge and want to make a few bucks please PM me and I will give you all the details. Thanks in advance!

Steve

Already sent him an email, and am waiting on a response. He does make great decals, he is who I get most of my stuff through now. Thanks though!

Steve, I can help you with this if you like. I am a Photoshop guru of 15 years and have done a ton of graphic design for various people (see my avatar). I have a very nice laser printer. I need to get a couple new toner cartridges before I print too much stuff, but I would be happy to do this for you. Or at least give it a shot. I really want to know how to do this anyway so the research would be great experience. Give me the details if you are interested.

Oh by the way... I wouldn't charge you a thing. So if you didn't like what we came up with you can always take what we get and hand off to a professional ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This took 7 minutes...
logo-001_zps9d6b5ca6.gif

I bet it even closely matches your paint ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man Kevin, That is Great!!!! So looks like you may be my man!!! LOL I love what you did with the design and lettering and pic, great job!

Sending you a PM

Happy to be of assistance. I have never printed a decal before though. So I will have to see if I can figure out which decal paper works best. This will be a win win if I can get this to work, because I would love to print up some decals for my trucks.

I have used the Testors decal paper, with good results. Just make sure you coat the decal after you are done or everything will wash off when you soak it in water. I use Testors decal bonder, but I think any clear coat like Dullcoat will work. Ron.

Happy to be of assistance. I have never printed a decal before though. So I will have to see if I can figure out which decal paper works best. This will be a win win if I can get this to work, because I would love to print up some decals for my trucks.

I make a lot of custom decals for myself. I have an HP Officejet printer and I use a generic inkjet waterslide decal paper that is 8.5x11. I set print resolution to Best snd my paper choice is Other Glossy Presentation Paper. Even tiny 1 and 2 point type print cleanly and clearly. I use one of the Krylon clear gloss finishes to seal the sheet when done.

Note 1: For those using Word or some other program to make some decals you can often type odd font sizes like 7.2 points in the font size box.

Note 2: You can get some interesting effects if you don't seal the ink and carefully install the decal. Use at your own risk.

Back