Looking for PRR Fleet of Modernism colour scheme details

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

oldstuff

I found a source online for a measured plan of the Fleet of Modernism paint scheme, but failed to bookmark it. The only image I have is too low res to see the measurements. Anyone know where the site is? Or can point me to the measurement info?
painting 1938.jpg

bob

Administrator
Staff member
We have a core group that’s here a lot, probably checks in a couple times a day. But then there are many more who check in every few days or maybe on the weekend or whatever.
I did do a bit of searching but couldn’t find much at all on that paint scheme. More model stuff than prototype info.

Boris

Beach Bum
To start try http://prr.railfan.net/diagrams/
it may not be exactly what you want, but is loaded with related information. Also check out the PRRT&HS web site and their quarterly free on line modeling magazine. If this is not exactly what y'all are looking for, it may provide you with an active link that does. FOM scheme was used 1938 -1948.

oldstuff

Thanks Boris and Rico. I had these links and the diagrams are an absolutely invaluable resource, but no paint scheme details there.

GeeTee

Thanks Boris and Rico. I had these links and the diagrams are an absolutely invaluable resource, but no paint scheme details there.
This is probably what you need , just more than you want to pay for "Pennsylvania Railroad Passenger Car Painting and Lettering" by Peter Tilp $40 -$60

oldstuff

This is probably what you need , just more than you want to pay for "Pennsylvania Railroad Passenger Car Painting and Lettering" by Peter Tilp $40 -$60
You are probably right. If I find a source here in the UK I will just have to bite the bullet.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.