Lets see your tunnel portals

Nice portals, guys. I wish I had a bigger layout so I could justify a tunnel, since I've always like the looks of trains going in and out of tunnels. Maybe someday...

A shortened woodland scenics:

obj84geo84pg1p33.jpg

Harold

That Gentlemans knees are about to test out the cow pusher :D

Thanks for all the pic responses guys!

How about another abandoned tunnel. This one is also in HO and depicts a collapsed narrow gauge tunnel. Layout it is installed on is a 1950's era standard gauge pike. Tunnel was built intact then crushed at the rear to simulate the collapse.

My contribution - A Woodland Scenics portal and what can be best described as big slabs of concrete... that area remains unfinished to this day.

Hey folks some nice work again!
The Fox River Valley has a few tunnels, just to hide the right-of-way disappearing into a narrow closet on one side and wrapping around my work bench on the other.

How do ya folllow that ? :eek:)

Can't - so I throw in this.
Carved the stone face in a sheet of wax and then poured a mix of Plaster of Paris, carpenters glue and wet water.

I'm reorganizing my Photobucket albumsand I have this one for a test. The scene is now long gone but it was interesting while being built
Tunnel-8.jpg

Cheers
Willis

Your long gon scene!

Hi Willis,
That looks really great and must have been quite a layout, too bad you had to dismantle it.

Ps: I sent you the other pictures we talked about so hope you've either seen them or be on the look-out for them.

Take care, David

Back