layout overview in 4k

Quite the layout. Camera works. Grin.gif

Very nice, as an N molder myself I enjoy a layout with the level of detail that enhances the scenes, the river is the bomb.

greg

Understand Video Link addresses?

I liked you videos, and made reference to them over here on my layout development page,..
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?40610-Interesting-track-plan-Tupper-Lake-amp-Faust-Junction&p=470932#post470932

But I got a little confused about the exact web link address for the first short video, then another of your videos??

I like that bridge over the wide 'painted' river. I think i can use that idea with my bridge over the door entrance to my train shed.

And I have been trying to figure out whether I can fit an actual blast furnace onto the layout, or just have to accept a backdrop illustration.

I'll check out more of your videos as I proceed along with my planning,
Thanks, Brian

I can really appreciate all of the work you put into this layout. Having been in N scale years ago, I know what it takes. Unfortunately, back in the 70's the locomotives were quite crude compared to what is finally available today. It was so frustrating dealing with the poor running qualities of the power back then, I had to tear it out and moved on to HO scale.

You'll have to pose more photos and videos. Thanks for the video.

I like that bridge over the wide 'painted' river. I think i can use that idea with my bridge over the door entrance to my train shed.
As I looked at the video the second time I guess your river is NOT really painted on. but it gave me the idea that I might 'paint' a background like that on my sheds inner door, where I will have several 'removable' bridges crossing over the opening to the shed.
DSCF0607, ps.jpg

I liked you videos, and made reference to them over here on my layout development page,..
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/...r-Lake-amp-Faust-Junction&p=470932#post470932

But I got a little confused about the exact web link address for the first short video, then another of your videos??

And I have been trying to figure out whether I can fit an actual blast furnace onto the layout, or just have to accept a backdrop illustration.

I'll check out more of your videos as I proceed along with my planning,
Thanks, Brian

Hi. I first painted the river on the plywood, but since it was at a 90* angle, it looked like it was flowing off the earth. Then I decided to paint the backdrop to make it appear it curves to the left. Then I poured the river. On my youtube channel DJSTRAINS I have 114 videos. I hope you get a chance to watch more, as I cover all aspects of model railroading and life as an engineer. Thanks.

Back