Keystone Southern

L&N Castle

Evening Fellows. I have some photos from a layout I went to see a couple of weeks ago. CJ Cresent told me about the open house event,and asked me if I would go, take some pictures,and post them here on the forums. He wasn't able to go, due to bad GI Infection,and is still not over it. Anyway, I was able to get a batch of rather nice photos of a really cool O-Scale Model Railroad Layout. :cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
The owner of the layout,is a local Modeler,and good friend,and his layout was featured in the 1988 issue of ModelRailroader Magazine. The overall size of the layout is, if I remember correctly,is "50 Feet by "30 feet. The layout literally takes up the whole room it's in:eek: :cool:. No kidding.

The L&N Diesels in the last batch,are a favorite of mine:D :rolleyes: , as if you didn't know. I hope y'all enjoy the pics,and have a pleasant evening. Peace.William.

William, all I can think to say is "WOW!" Fantastic layout and the scenery is outstanding. I would have gone over there if I had just remembered and knew the details. Thanks for the post.

Hope to have another big session sometime in last half of September if you interested. Just email or PM me when you like.

Holy cow, William, that's some pretty impressive territory and modeling for O scale. I hope CJ get back on his feet soon but it was sure nice that you were able to get those shots. The owner is obviously a caboose fan. :)

William- you did a good job showing the overall excellance of Joe's layout.

Also, your improved skills with your camera are reflected in the pictures you displayed. :)

You have captured only a small part of the huge layout in "O" scale that almost looks like a "HO" layout at first glance. I think your action shots help show the level of detail on the layout.

Did you get any pictures of the brass engines he has on display?

Hey Guys. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner,but due to conditions beyond my control,ie,my cable DSL,was on the fritz. Anyway, Mike,I tried to get as many pics of the locomotive fleet as possible,but some pics,didn't turn out to well. I have a few,let me see what I got. I found four more pics,I hadn't posted. Let me know you think. William.

Little fuzzy, William.
They still show a magnificent engine facility. A Loco falling in that pit would disappear :D.

Holy cow, I'm sooo jealous! I think he has more work, time, and money tied up in that roundhouse than I have in my whole layout. That Big Boy in O scale pulling a long string of stock cars would be quite a sight.

Back