Keystone Loco Bandsaw Mill

GaryMc

Started my next build on this old kit from the 70's which has a complete interior all in white metal castings. the wood framework was pretty straight forward just modified so the mill will partialy sit in the mill pond instead of flat ground. There is not a pulley system included for under the floor so I plan on scratch building something to hold the belts from the equipment.
red_mountain_mine_005.jpg

keystone_bandsaw_mill_001.jpg

keystone_bandsaw_mill_007.jpg

keystone_bandsaw_mill_009.jpg

keystone_bandsaw_mill_013.jpg

I've wanted that kit for years. Expensive but beautiful. Yours is looking great. Thanks for sharing. Keep 'em coming.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, progress has slowed a bit but some progress has been made since last update. All the machinery has been finished and have turned my attention back to the structure, the windows took forever as had to scratch build all the trim/sash as they did not have any. Added a loading dock on each side and will be adding a roof over them shortly. Here are a few pictures of where it's at right now.

I figure I should get back to this build...break time is over. Been working on the jack slip end and scratch built the opening as it was just a hole in the wall.

Really nice build. I've had this kit sitting in my closet for 4 years now and was wondering what it would look like built.

Really nice build. I've had this kit sitting in my closet for 4 years now and was wondering what it would look like built.

Hope you have a far amount of time and tune up your scratch building skills, this kit has required alot of extra work to bring it up to todays kits. The interior detail was the main reason I bought this kit and have enjoyed this build from the begining but has been very time consuming.

The saw filing room is moving along and just about have the walls done, set it in place to check for fit...still have the floor and all the details to go.

Finished up the jack slip and all the wall pieces with most of the roof and roofing tin to finish. Hope to done by the end of the year if shopping for the holidays doesn't take up to much time.

sawmill_037.jpg

sawmill_040.jpg

sawmill_043.jpg

sawmill_050.jpg

Back