Junker restorations/rehabs

Can you stand one more?

BB repaint

qzEau7T.jpg

IJODpuB.jpg

Don't know how I missed this thread last week.

Very nice work.

Gives me hope that maybe someday when I have more "Free" time I can do as good of a job. I still have an AHM unit I have running again and I've updated the couplers on. I just have to get back in the train room to work on it.

Last edited:
ER Models, Sharks

hTf808I.jpg

I do not know the original I model uk but the colours seem very bright if I was to recommend a weathering this one would top my list perhaps someone can throw up the real thing for comparison althought that might mean I have to eat my words

os1BuAh.jpg

c2chAGs.jpg

It's reassemble day for this Spectrum 2-8-0 Steam. I'm replacing the belt that seemed to be slipping. Hopefully this one will be a little tighter. Maybe I'll find there's a different issue. We'll see. Oh yeah, wish me luck reassembling this thing that I took apart last week.
SpectrumDisassembled.jpg

It's reassemble day for this Spectrum 2-8-0 Steam. I'm replacing the belt that seemed to be slipping. Hopefully this one will be a little tighter. Maybe I'll find there's a different issue. We'll see. Oh yeah, wish me luck reassembling this thing that I took apart last week.
View attachment 170931
Those are tricky. Not losing the worm bearings is the priority I think. Make sure the top cog/pulley is not slipping on its shaft. I have used super glue to lock them down.

Back