Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul
Thanks for saying that, but you just didn't hear the swearing, and the pain of solder on flesh!! (Note to self, DO NOT solder with shorts on!!:eek:)

Who's Alco is that? Atlas, Bachmann, ??

That's a Walthers P2K S-1. I have an undecorated P2K S-3 also.

I have read that the Sw-1200 and Sw-1 also have their motors grounded to the chassies. The mechanism seems to run ok, but I have not yet done any switching with it. Switching sorts the work horses from the show ponies. Very nicely detailed shell.

The article is in the Nov/Dec 2007 issue of Diesel Era. There were three units built ofr the Coos Bay Lumber Co. of Oregon numbered X1201 - X1203. The steep grades were the reason for dynamics and over-sized air tanks as well as a water tank for spraying the ROW to prevent fires. Georgia Pacific bought out Coos Bay lumber and the units were sent elsewhere.
Digging through the old posts in this thread I found this one. This is interesting to me because the Oregon California & Eastern (Greeley Freight Station Museum's road) layout terminates in Coo's Bay. We have the ore loader there and the general merchandise piers. All of our lumber is over the rest of the line in Klamath Falls and Lakeview/Nasty Flats.

http://www.gfsm.org/photopages/CoosBay_gallery.html#

While the buildings don't fit the "theme", the loco certainly does. I'll have to round up one of these and get it down there.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, folks, been a while since I've done any new projects on here, so here we go. As far as I know, they will be 1 of a kind switchers (as soon as I say that, Athearn or Atlas will make them).

Here's the starting point for 2 Athearn SW1500's.

pr001.jpg

OK, folks, been a while since I've done any new projects on here, so here we go. As far as I know, they will be 1 of a kind switchers (as soon as I say that, Athearn or Atlas will make them).

Here's the starting point for 2 Athearn SW1500's.

pr001.jpg

More Master, more!!!!!

Hey Karl... maybe we're getting new choo choos! :D

Jerome what are the red und white cars in the background?

OK, first 2 got their sills, walkways and handrails painted black and glossed. Decals will be next for these 2.

pr4001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back