January 2017 Photo Fun!

Patched Reefer MN #2.jpgJust an old steel refer that the Milwaukee Northern purchased and will use as a MOW car.

Always love this thread. Nice to see what everyone has been doing!

I have finally gotten back to work on the Keuka Creek and Milo Mills area of the SLOW. Some of you may remember the beginnings of the gorge rockwork a couple months back. The stonework is made from broken ceiling tiles...

KeukaCreek23w_zpsz5oi403t.png

Since then I have sealed the tiles with Kilz to prevent the color disapearing into the tiles and having to repaint again and again..... Without the Kilz the color will fade very quickly!

KeukaCreek26w_zpsued2cpcw.png

The stone bridge support was added as was plaster cloth for the grass and forest areas. Plaster was painted the "earth Color" I use and the main coat of WS Shale color was added to the stone:

KeukaCreek30w_zps1b88xmpi.png

Several other WS colors were added to tone the rockwork (rock is not A color but thousands of colors next to each other....). Last night the stream was poured using Envirotex Light.

KeukaCreek31w_zpsb7goz8ow.png

Today I started to put the grass and small bushes in place. This is just the start as there will be wooded areas here too.

KeukaCreek35w_zpspubgfm0l.png

A view of the area from above looking up the creek. Enjoy!

KeukaCreek36w_zps4ahicrcw.png

The Lancaster Central RR has acquired a new locomotive. A BLI consolidation with Rolling Thunder. I couldn't resist the deal. Choo Choo Nuts in Lancaster PA is going out of business. Everything is 30+ % off. IMG_20170131_184024353.jpg

Captain of Industry
President of Lancaster Central RR
President of Lancaster & Western Maryland Railway

I was in there last weekend. Sad to see them pack it in. They'll be at Timonium this weekend also.
I was surprised because he is busier than the train shop next to the Choo Choo barn. He will leave us without a place to sell used trains. I like to stop by and see if he has anything useful for me. The LHS era is going to be over for me.

Captain of Industry
President of Lancaster Central RR
President of Lancaster & Western Maryland Railway

Strasburg Train Shop is the place you're thinking of. I live an hour south of Choo Choo Nuts. I was hoping to convince him to buy Forest Hill Station Train Shop because it's a shorter distance and who wouldn't want to sell trains out of a real depot? Anyhow, I any time I go up that way, I try to stop at both. CCN has better prices and a different selection, whereas Strasburg carries more craftsman building supplies. Strasburg has been increasing their inventory of used items in the last six months or so. I was blown away by the number of customers I saw in CCN last weekend though.

Back