January 2017 Photo Fun!

Rico

BN Modeller
Well it's been a couple months since anything happened PF wise so let's get the wheels rolling!
As usual finished models, unfinished models, or a hunk of track on a board are all welcome!

Here's my latest project, a radial stacking conveyor for my wood chip pile.
I'm still antagonizing on my paper mill track plan but I've got it narrowed down at least.

IMG_1935.jpg

I'm using a modified Walther's conveyor for the basic structure and will be adding chutes, motors, and fiddley bits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys heres my trio of slightly modified Athearn blue box SD40-2's...just about ready for the paintshop!! Been working on these over the last few days...just waiting on wipers for the one on the right now...

Attachments

• Western Plains SD40-2 mod pic 1.jpg
    Western Plains SD40-2 mod pic 1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Western Plains SD40-2 mod pic 2.jpg
    Western Plains SD40-2 mod pic 2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 264
  • Western Plains Sd40-2 mod pic 3.jpg
    Western Plains Sd40-2 mod pic 3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Western Plains SD40-2 mod pic 4.jpg
    Western Plains SD40-2 mod pic 4.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 236
Here's my latest addition to my O gauge set up. I call it The City. Nothing is fastened down, and their is now cork between the track and the table. May add a loop at the end, + the Passenger Headhouse needs some paint, among other things. Focus is on PRR, & electric motive power. The Pennsy never had an EP-5, but it works for me. Eventually plan to add some dwarf signals. Passenger area is Lionel tubular, and freight is a combination of Ross and Gargraves.

The other photo is of the 'lights of Railtown/Middletown,' which consist of the station, tower, and 2 businesses. 4 house, another business, and a factory still need to be connected to the electrical grid, not to mention a beacon on top of a water tank, and a bridge, although airplanes or drone flights aren't a problem.

Attachments

• cityside1417a.JPG
    cityside1417a.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 261
  • cityheadon1417.JPG
    cityheadon1417.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 264
  • middletowno27lites.JPG
    middletowno27lites.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 232
Guess I should post a photo here. This is a very old Atheran locomotive that was rebuilt many tears ago. The cast on grill was cut out and replaced and many extra details were added. It was remotored with a can motor and constant lighting was installed.

attachment.php

Along James Van Bokkelen's Boston & Maine Eastern Route:

Attachments

• jbvbbm.jpg
    jbvbbm.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 255
IMG_20170111_183856766.jpg
Extension of the sorting track at Lancaster. Slowly moving forward.
I needed more storage and didn't feel like destroying existing scenery.

Captain of Industry
President of Lancaster Central RR
President of Lancaster & Western Maryland Railway

Well it's been a couple months since anything happened PF wise so let's get the wheels rolling!
January 1, went to an all day operating session. Ran my brand new Z8 as well as the San Francisco Chief pulled by an E8 AB set (very rare on the Santa Fe). The biggest thing though were the new back drops. The fellow running the operating session has taken back drops to a new level. He took actual photos of the exact place his track was passing through. For the towns he looked up actual photos of the town from his era and colorized them. If he couldn't do either of those he took an current photo and had the old buildings and era appropriate vehicles photo-shopped in. I'm guessing he has spent more research time, effort, and money on his backdrops than many spend on their entire layout. Oh yeah - He also photo-shopped trees back down to the right height (maturity).

Unfortunately, silly me, got out my camera to take but left it on the table. So this is Sinclair Wyoming taken with my camera phone.
20170101_155825[1].jpg20170101_155846[1].jpg

That's pretty interesting. Alot of our scenes end up so sparsely populated with buildings that you think a railroad would go bankrupt. Most industries are sprawling affairs.

Captain of Industry

Getting close to starting construction of my version of the Canyon Diablo Bridge. The bridge is drawn on the drywall which is where I'll build the actual bridge right over the parts in the drawing. I still have some material on order that should be here early next week, then I can start the actual work.

IMG_6944_zps8vifbfct.png

Some great stuff there guys!
We're half way thru the month, anyone else have anything to show?

I'm working on an abandoned right of way that will lead to an abandoned tunnel.
IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_20170120_191422942.jpg
#10 finally has numbering. The caboose project didn't work so well. I need to get decals made up.

Captain of Industry

Rico-like the scenery.

Horseman-been on I80 in Wyoming, and seen that refinery, also. Know I know where Sinclair gets its gas(was there in '96).

Rfan-nice loco! Scratch built? LC&N loco?

My locomotive is a BLI Plymouth. I don't have any roadname markings on it. I used dry transfer sheets to number it. They are a rather crude system and I eventually need to get a professional decal sheet made up. Attempting to use the dry transfer sheets on the caboose ended up horrible and I scraped off the paint while removing the pieces of dry transfer label.

Captain of Industry

Back