Its that time again, WPF, Sept 8-10

……………………I was so stupid fun this weekend……………………………

This is the weekend of memory for Thai modelrailroaders!
Somebody came and…. somebody passed away………..
First of all, the godfather of ROCO; Mr. Wisanu was gone by heart attack,
so the future of his biggest train-shop at Silom Bangkok would be in uncertainty.
Secondly, new face became a dealer and open E-shop for American brands
such as Broadway, Walthers, Athern,and Roundhouse.
On Saturday I drove follow Bachman godfather’s to the funeral, then I passed to the new dealer’s home to take my dreaming car; a Vista Dome Obsrv car.
How and then I got 4 boxes for my weekend stuffs in the long run.
They cost 6,850 Baht (=170 $). Broadway Vista Dome is 88.8 $ while in USA it is 69.9 $.
I didn’t mind because I realize about shipping cost and taxes.
But when I reached my home and checked them, then I had got nearly shock attacked
‘cause I just found that my Broadway and Walthers was made in china….oh, God how very stupid me.
It is ridiculous buying stuffs made in China with double high price, or not, they travel too long around Asia and America. However, when the two vista domes parked on my rail, they became prince and
princess shining on my pitiful layout. Moreover, I started fell in love with Roundhouse kits by the reason of very low price (12.5 $ each) and may be real American made by American materials and workers. I like the way they packaged with old style fitting boxes with buttom brown paper. No evidence of China made at all. I guess Roundhouse is no famous enough to turn the industrial base to China.
Anyway….. if I like it, I park it…..!!!…
Excuse for my long confusing writing.

P POP Very sorry to here about Mr. Wisanu, may he rest in peace. That broadway observation car's great

Realy I think I never met Mr. Wisanu at all but he might be our legend because of his biggest luxury train shop in Thailand.
Future American Brand godfather (dealer) is there..............
http://www.modelrailroadsiam.com/
I would like to whisper that one wheel of that car was absence!
Dealer is claiming for that.
Ridiculous again for QC from China.

Steve B said:
Here's our latest engine from Bachmann, it's a weathered class 25 and very nice as well
185710690.gif

Steve,
Looks like you have a couple of happy kids there. I bet they love "playing" with
the "toys". Do they get to operate or just watch? Your other pictures look great too. Good luck, Dave

P.S. You need to wash that Santa Fe loco in the other picture!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark (Brunton),
I really like what you are doing. I would love to have a helix, but because of space(or lack of) I couldn't swing it. Nice work.

Tom,
Nice scenery work. I like the weathering on the cement plant and the landscaping looks great as well. Dave

Dave The layouts operated by the boy's and young Gemma drives the auto's, which drives the boy's mad as she hog's the grade crossing gates and won't let them drive trains through

Back