is this possible with DCC?

Dominick

Well I haven't actually bought anything yet still learning it all first
But would it be possible using a DCC system to have lets say a freight
train running at a certain speed slow down when coming upon a street/track
crossing then speeding back up once the crossing gates have come fully down?

Its also possible to do with Digitrax and a computer. You can make the computer run the trains, run as an ATS system, ect... I plan to use it as an ATS style system on my layout, if the engineer of the train disobeys a signal, or speed, the ATS system will stop them. It will then require the dispatcher to reauthorize that trains movement.

Well I haven't actually bought anything yet still learning it all first
But would it be possible using a DCC system to have lets say a freight
train running at a certain speed slow down when coming upon a street/track
crossing then speeding back up once the crossing gates have come fully down?

It is possible to do these things with or without a DCC system. The CTI-Electronics system works with or without a DCC system, is the easiest of the four systems I have attempted to use and next to JMRI which is free, costs the least.

While I am a Lenz user, ANY DCC system that has a PC interface can potentially do what you say. Since I have it working on my layout, I can testify that it is much easier to say "it is possible and that some day I will do this or that", than it is to do it.

I chronicled my painful experiences with train automation on my blog. My recommendation; listen to no-one unless they will invite you over to watch their layout work now. . .

Good luck.
Joe

Back