ing DCC system

um you have gone into a world of difficult lol.
the pwm for the servos you are using is the exact same as a standard servo ecept if i am correct your signal controls speed and direction not a location because i would assume you are using continuous revolution or a modified standar servo.
you can build a circuit to control a single servo with a 555 timer chip a potentiometer some capacitors for timing and some resistors also for timing i am not sure how to wire it up to make it happen. or you could talk to some guys on a forum somewher that is based off ur microcontroller to find out how to program it cause alot of times the guys will have already built something or be board and write a program for you to help you out because they are nice people. i havent built any custom circuits lately so my memory needs a swift kick in the yeah.

um you have gone into a world of difficult lol.
the pwm for the servos you are using is the exact same as a standard servo ecept if i am correct your signal controls speed and direction not a location because i would assume you are using continuous revolution or a modified standar servo.
you can build a circuit to control a single servo with a 555 timer chip a potentiometer some capacitors for timing and some resistors also for timing i am not sure how to wire it up to make it happen. or you could talk to some guys on a forum somewher that is based off ur microcontroller to find out how to program it cause alot of times the guys will have already built something or be board and write a program for you to help you out because they are nice people. i havent built any custom circuits lately so my memory needs a swift kick in the yeah.

thats the thing, there are no servos, just the signal that is getting out of the R/C reciever. i want that signal somehow translated into full 0-100% PWM pulse + direction for the H brdge driver IC (i will be able to live without mixing). i did spend some time on robot builders forum, battle bot builders forum and solution suggested seems to be either on-off control (actual servos pressing on microswitches, LOL) or "hey, buy this ___" ...

oh well, i'll get it somehow, sometime. its a shelved project for now anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok now i understand where ur coming from i will hae to do some research but i will most definately let you know if i find something that doesnt say buy this it only cost and arm and a leg

where are the moderators at telling me that this is off subject at parallax the moderators are active participents on the forums just as crazy as the rest of us

where are the moderators at telling me that this is off subject at parallax the moderators are active participents on the forums just as crazy as the rest of us

Moderaters are watching never fear.

We are somewhat different here, moderators are just members who have a little extra privilege to edit other members posts to keep it respectful.

OFF Subject, as in any conversation or discussion, participants often go a little afield with a near related topic, then return to the original topic. "Fact of life", it happens in everyday conversations. We do not plan to change that here on the forum. If a thread is going along peacefully and participants are getting along exchanging information then we see no reason to jump in with a whip to whip things back into shape :D We are aware it happens elsewhere and of actions taken which in most cases prove nothing.
Being a family type of forum we do take issue with language, respect to other members, and off topic here means Adult "X rated" topics. Infractions such as these will be dealt with in a manner appropriate to the seriousness of the infraction.

Cheers
Willis

Back