IHC heavyweight passenger cars

kevin303

easing back into it.
Are these still available? There not as detailed as I'd like but there isn't much option for Rock Island hwt cars. I know athearn just released some 60' round top harriman cars but in my minds eye they. Just don't look right with the longer walthers pullmans I already have, although I will get a baggage car the add to my work train. I know most of the IHC cars need weight added to improve running quality, is there an article on detailing these anywhere?

Are these still available? There not as detailed as I'd like but there isn't much option for Rock Island hwt cars. I know athearn just released some 60' round top harriman cars but in my minds eye they. Just don't look right with the longer walthers pullmans I already have, although I will get a baggage car the add to my work train. I know most of the IHC cars need weight added to improve running quality, is there an article on detailing these anywhere?

Con-Cor is now making some nicely detailed and lit heavyweights.

http://www.con-cor.com/HO-1920-1950-Heavyweight-Passenger-Cars.html

Yes, but they're short.

Which ones, the concor or ihc cars? I saw the concor ones a while ago, but no factory paint in RI. If it comes to it I'll just repaint which ever walthers cars are on sale, although I'd really rahter not.

I have two Rivarossi passenger cars I believe the IHC cars are the same? They pop up from time to time on Ebay. However some of the older releases have the deep 'pizza-cutter' flanges on the wheels so you may have to change them out or just live with them (and run code 100 track)

Back