ID'ing a power truck

Mil1ion

I bought a rail car of E-pray and it seems to be a Rapido VIA passenger car mounted on a Bachmann platform.
One set of wheels no longer stays mounted.
I have been having one heck of a time identifying this power truck.
No listing for this on Bachmann pages

anyone know what this really is?

Thank you :)

would you happen to have a product number for these ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still haven't found a replacement for this truck.

Here are some more pics.

It supposedly came off a Bachmann "Promo" VIA 85 ft Lighted Coach .That's what I was told today from the seller.

Actually, I think the Walthers truck is a clone of the older bachmann one. I can't believe that I overlooked that (I should have known!) Bachmann used those trucks on the older white/yellow box amfleets (not silver series) and the unpowered truck on the old metroliners. You can usually buy one off ebay cheap and just scrap the car and borrow the trucks

Here's the scoop.

This car is from a train set sold at VIA Rail stations during the 90's in souvenir shops.

It was made by Bachmann.

Now I need to find an undercarriage with trucks for an 85 ft Bachmann passenger coach.

Liek I said before...early Bachmann amfleets have the same trucks and can be found very cheap on ebay. I don't think the amfleet's floor would fit since amfleets are narrow, but if it's a truck you're after, it may be easier to buy an amfleet and pop in the truck.

I don't have a part number, but it's cheap enough to buy a whole car and take the truck out.

You probably won't find it under bachmann. I just looked. There are a couple, but theres an idiot selling them for $29.99. (move the decimal point over to the left a place and you got what they are really worth)

Back