I return!

Dameon

I used to be on these forums before, but when the economy tanked my model railroading had to be put on hold for a while. Then my computer's hard drive crashed and I lost all my bookmarks and not being active in modeling it all kinda got forgotten for a while...

I was in the process of making the transition from being an N scaler to HO and work had started on a 5x10 layout. I got the benchwork done and as a tremendously great Christmas gift a few years go my wife had secretly taken my entire list of material for the track plan I was designing and bought me everything I had listed, even on the wishful thinking parts!

Then things got real tight really fast and the "fun money" all had to get siphoned into home projects and bills. So the benchwork that was finished ended up seeing heavy duty as a work table. That was probably for the best, as one basement flooding later a lot of the wood warped badly.

So now the HO layout sits on temporary hold. Meanwhile I have decided to use what N gauge track and equipment I still have to put together a small layout. The smaller less demanding layout means I can actually finish it in a timely manner despite the other demands of life, and I'll have something to show off and get my train fix with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey welcome home Dameon!
Well on the bright side you didn't loose your dream layout in the high water.
A small N layout will keep you active and help you plan for that big one.

Hi Dameon,
Glad your back, if your wife bought you all the HO stuff you wanted why not go ahead and at least get your HO layout going, if you can do one you can just as easily do the other!

Stay with it, actually I should listen to my own words,

David

Back