I Finally Did It!!!

LiveSteamer

Chessie System Railroad
Yep I built my first scene to my layout. It is not that big just something small since this was my first attempt at building anything.

Photo #1: This first photo show the Chessie Caboose sitting in the front yard with the trailer that is holding the wood for the platform for the caboose so you can get up there and take a look around.

Photo #2: This photo shows where the cottage will be setting. The foundation has yet to be dug and poured.

Photo #3: Top View of the area.

Photo #4: This shows you what you will see out the front window of the cottage.

Hope You Enjoyed them as I had fun making this. More To Come Later On.

Looking good to me, you have got to start somewhere, the point is you have started and that's what counts, keep it up Matthew

Looks good to me too Matt. #4, I like #4. That's not a bad idea making some small scenic models, I could do that during the winter months at the kitchen table. What thickness is the base material you're using?

Cheers Willis

I hate to admit it, but I never thought about building small scenes and then placing them on the layout. That is a great idea particularly for those hard to reach areas. Thanks Matt.

Thank You Guyz. Rex, I have learned to do that by a dear friend who has since passed away not to long ago. He teached us all a thing or two about stuff like that. Also from a few others as well but mostly from Robin Matthysen. It is a great idea, I plan to place it up on a mountain scene I plan to do some here in the near future.:D :D :D

Your right about that LS, Matt was a master at making small scenes and then fitting them in on a layout. His cardboard buildings were something too!! You seem to have a good start on yours.
:eek:

CBCNSfan said:
What thickness is the base material you're using?

Cheers Willis

All's I used was a piece of cardboard off of a small box that I had just sitting around the house doing nothing but holding some spare parts to something that I can't remember what they were for.

Thank You Andy.:) :D

Back