HP and Sackville Railroad

Gary: It is coming together! Too bad that you can not work stuff around to get the RH/TT to where it is available to your lower left yard. Also like what Dave LASM said - that wye could be trouble. Looks like you might have a foot that HAS to contain what ever power you are using on one of the legs. If I remember, you are HO so one F9A is about 7 inches and would fit. Might think about a short double track section going up and to the right; at least you would be able to 'double head' stuff.

Later
I suggested something similar, move the roundhouse/turntable to the lower loop on the right away from shipping area. There would be a lot easier access to it and easier to operate.

And the mess as of today….way too many DC engines…..many were gifts though so no cost to me.

IMG_9621.jpeg

I wonder if he was referring to the so called "Electro frog" Peco switches. Those need special wiring. I mistakenly bought few of these not knowing about complications. For me they were a PITA. Got rod of them asap. Other than that Peco switches are great, i have a few normal ones on my layout and they are smooth and more precise than Atlas switches.
Yes, that is what I was always told as well, it might be the reversing section he is talking about.

Gary: It is coming together! Too bad that you can not work stuff around to get the RH/TT to where it is available to your lower left yard. Also like what Dave LASM said - that wye could be trouble. Looks like you might have a foot that HAS to contain what ever power you are using on one of the legs. If I remember, you are HO so one F9A is about 7 inches and would fit. Might think about a short double track section going up and to the right; at least you would be able to 'double head' stuff.

Later
Are you able to do a paint quick pick of your idea?

Combining assistance from several better planners than me and I think this is getting close, computer is back up and working again.

:) Bricks, bats and bouquets please.

View attachment 178103
Gary:

Sorry for the yellow track - under my minimum radius so xtrack makes it yellow. You can connect the 4 track yard/storage just after the switch in the upper right of the pix.

BigG.jpg

Later

Interesting, does it tell you what those radius are for the 3 sides?
I just did that for you to see. Deleted the original after I did a screen capture. Think that the yellow is 23.5"r. Others are larger.

As a note, might be time for you to get to know software track planners - there are a bunch of them. I happen to use XtrackCad and have for many years, so Ima used to it; free also. Makes it bunches easier fitting stuff at proper radii and then if ( OMG ) you have to change something, not a complete redraw; mostly cut, move and reconnect.

Later

I just did that for you to see. Deleted the original after I did a screen capture. Think that the yellow is 23.5"r. Others are larger.

As a note, might be time for you to get to know software track planners - there are a bunch of them. I happen to use XtrackCad and have for many years, so Ima used to it; free also. Makes it bunches easier fitting stuff at proper radii and then if ( OMG ) you have to change something, not a complete redraw; mostly cut, move and reconnect.

Later
Yes learning anyrail right now and sometimes I get frustrated on how to make those changes like you mention.

Dave, thanks for that info! First time hearing that Peco switches can be troublesome, I was always thought that Peco were the best switches…..or do you mean the converter switches that auto change the current for the reverser? Do you just change direction of your engines by hand?
The auto current reverse.

I keep a couple different locomotives on sidings, will use the one pointing the correct way. Same with caboose. Maybe manually change direction once per month or so. I do have a smaller layout, usually do not pull more than 5 cars. 11' x 12'.

Dave LASM

Yes learning anyrail right now and sometimes I get frustrated on how to make those changes like you mention.
I've had Anyrail for years! It's great for Lionel Fastrack and I have used it a little for Bachmann EZ track, both HO and N.

My problem is I forget some things I learned in between uses. 🤪
New addition today, my first Rapido engine!

View attachment 178433
That is nice! It's always an enjoyable day when you get a new locomotive, congratulations!

Back