HP and Sackville Railroad

And this one is in the Winnipeg Childrens Museum…

IMG_0529.jpeg

No, Rapido doesn't install stay alives, you would have thought that would be standard by now with most manufacturers.
This is a few years old version as well, but I am surprised. I think that means I need feeder wires to the frogs which truly sucks. My old 30plus year old $29 model train set runs better over the switches than a ’top quality’ Rapido engine…..pretty sad!

This is a few years old version as well, but I am surprised. I think that means I need feeder wires to the frogs which truly sucks. My old 30plus year old $29 model train set runs better over the switches than a ’top quality’ Rapido engine…..pretty sad!
I would first look at adding a stay alive if there are solder pads available on the decoder, it's likely to be 21 pin, so most likely will have, and caps are a couple of $, less work and guaranteed running.

Starting to see some hiccups with my new engine going over turnouts and in one spot climbing the incline. Track is not properly secured yet so this could be the issue.
Gary,
Have you tried to clean the wheels yet? That could explain why you're starting to now see issues. If the wheels are starting to get gunky that you lose traction and could be your stuttering issue.

Back