some birches HO scale
3pvss26qfakm_98096c3.jpg
[/URL]Uploaded at ImageFra.me[/IMG]

frame HO tree:
ersteversucm_a08657e.jpg
[/URL]Uploaded at ImageFra.me[/IMG]

Jos

Hi everyone,
This is my first post here. I spent the whole day analyzing some of your interesting posts and awsome pictures. I decided to register, because maybe some of you would like to help me to discover "The Holy Grail". My goal is to find out how to create the realistic trees in 1/700 scale. Yeah, I know it's crazy... Some of my attempts you may find here:
http://evadam.pl/en/galeria-en/
Regards from Poland
Adam

juuust a very small tree....
1700tree2014meiADAMpoland_zps444c1163.jpg

detail:
detail1700boom2014meiADAMpoland_zpsdc3158b5.jpg

about 35 mm/1 1/2 inch

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Spiral Storm!

The weather overhere is sooo bad....looks like/ it IS autumn....cold and a lot of rain( yet already 120 mm in 48 hours!)
They say: mostly in autumn the MRRseason starts...so.... made some trees again...=)
nieuwedennen211-7-2014klform_zps3efce3af.jpg

And a picture I made 2 weeks ago when we had a kind of weather that looked almost normal for these areas....
laanbomenH0beuk2014junikleinform_zps8abb488a.jpg

All trees are shown with 2 HO preisermen

Jos

What I've made, about trees, in H0 can be made too in N scale only 1/2 smaller!
trees are about 2 inches to 4 inches
P1190101klform_zps26fa9796.jpg

Trees from roots. If you have some shrubby areas around the yard you might find some of these by digging about 12" down.

They make nice dead trees or live ones. I used Woodlands Scenic for foliage and your favorite glue or hair spray.

The process is:

1) find some small shrubs in a wild area on your property and dig about a foot down.

2) Select nice roots that have a main stalk arount 1/4" in diameter

3) You will have to trim the lateral shoots to get them the right length. You may want to glue some on to get a fuller tree.

4) Let them dry for a few weeks before setting them in something or putting them on the layout. They will shrink some.

5) I used gray dogwood, prickley ash, and tartarian honeysuckle. The you tube video said red maple. Small trees (seedlings) may work.

These are time consuming to make but the branches look real, I think.

100_0836[1].jpg

100_0837[1].jpg

Have fun---lasm

Hello Larry,

Thanks Larry and Tony!
I use the same materials/products for those big trees as the "small"ones in H0 or n so filterfibers( chopped in small pieces with siccor) grass fibres 2, 4, 6, 12, mm and some times fibers from haloween wigs. Also chopped in small pieces( about max. 1/2 an inch for H0 and 1 inch for the 0 scale trees....
When adding the grasfibres I always end with the 2 mm ones before I add the leaves.
The leaves , for the 0 scale trees are mostly the stuff like coarse turf, sieved the big ones out, from woodland or "the treeshop"
For the N trees I use the fine turf ore something that looks like it, regarding the size of the particals of foam....or...even colored sawdust for the small shrubs.

Jos

Jos,

I may have missed this some where in your thread but what do you use to glue the foliage to the armatures? I know you said you use super glue, but is that all you use?

Hello Tony,
I know you said you use super glue, but is that all you use?

NO NO not superglue!!! I use superglue only to "stabilise" the frame I make with the floristic wires! the frame will be strong enough to add the bark made off sawdust and whiteglue.
To attache /glue the fibers I use sprayglue!

Jos

Back