Hot Wheels

Muskieman

I was thinking about adding a Hot Rod coming out of my Gas Stations bay, & was thinking that Hot Wheels have a lot more selection cool looking hot rods then common stock vehicles that are available in the HO market, my only ?'s is that are they HO scale or just close enough?

I was thinking about adding a Hot Rod coming out of my Gas Stations bay, & was thinking that Hot Wheels have a lot more selection cool looking hot rods then common stock vehicles that are available in the HO market, my only ?'s is that are they HO scale or just close enough?

The only Hotwheels that are 1/87th are the ones that just came out that are in small plastic boxes usually right underneath the blisterpack reg. Hotwheels on the shelf. At least at Walmart, anyway. They are marked 1/87th on the box.:)
I'll bring up the 1/87th topic that's been on this forum for at least 2 years in a minute.

Larry

So what scale are hot wheels if not HO & 1/87? Are the close?

Some are 1/64th, 1/84th, 1/72nd, & others. The regular Hotwheels in the blisterpacks are not H.O. scale. They are too big. Hotwheels does make
1/87th cars, but are not in blisterpacks. Look in the 1/87th topic.

Larry

The Hotwheels 1/87th has a real nice Model T roadster in chrome & black.

Larry

Hot Wheels/Matchbox vehicles scales

I think these die-cast vehicles are rarely any standard scale, although if the relative sizes of certain vehicles are close to each other then their Hot Wheels or Matchbox can be relatively close in scale to each other. They are made whatever size fits in the package, and the larger the real vehicle the smaller the scale will be for that model. Still, I often see HW or MB cars listed as certain scales by retailers or advertisers even though those models are not to scale. But, as was said earlier, there are some Hot Wheels that are made in specific scales.

I bought a 1/87 scale Hot Wheels '05 Mustang and set it next to some my 1/87 scale Malibu vehicles and it compares very favorably as far as size is concerned. It will probably be the only Hot Wheels offering I get as it seems to me to be just a little too 'punked up' for my taste.

Back